Should I move me chameleon

Rosemond

I just got a Lep gecko yesterday and put the cages near each other. should I put them on different sides of room or is it okay? I'll post pics in a min

7e4a5eny.jpg

Most chameleons I know should not be in the same room with any other animal because it can feel stressed or scared by another animal , this can vary with how chill your chameleon is. If it was me I would move it. Out of sight out of mind.

I just got a Lep gecko yesterday and put the cages near each other. should I put them on different sides of room or is it okay? I'll post pics in a min

you can, but dont have the cage face your gecko, then put like a towel or something covering the side thats facing the other enclosure. Also, from what ive been told here, you need to lose the red light. The red bulb hurts their eyes.

Yeah I agree, for the basking bulb, use a regular incandescent 40-100 watts depending on what temp you need.

you can, but dont have the cage face your gecko, then put like a towel or something covering the side thats facing the other enclosure. Also, from what ive been told here, you need to lose the red light. The red bulb hurts their eyes.

What bulb shoul I get for night

Should be ok, I keep my chams in the same room, one at one end, the other at the other end, but my floor space is about 10 foot apart and do fine.

But like someone said depends on how chill your cham is, I also have 4 dogs that wonder the house and isn't even bothered lol

NO night bulbs, chameleons need darkness to sleep. If you need heat at night (temps below 45 at night) get a ceramic heat emitter.

I mean mine he was chill but I think he is scared. he just crawls to the part of the cage that he can't see it and then he goes back to light green

I mean mine he was chill but I think he is scared. he just crawls to the part of the cage that he can't see it and then he goes back to light green

What colour is he when he sees the gecko cage? If light green, not scared, if he shows blackish spots, then he's stressed.

Yeah he is dark and shows black spots I knew there was a problem when I saw black spots he never shows those... I think I'm going to clear out my closet and put the gecko there that way he can't even see it.. And just take the door of my closet off lol

You can put a piece of black paper on the side of the gecko tank to block the view. Really get rid of the night bulb too. How old is your Cham too?

Chameleons need darkness to sleep so get a ceramic heat emitter if your temps at night are below fifty.

I would think it's okay. I used to have leo's and chams in the same room.
Leo's are dorment and sleep all day, so the chams would never even see them.

As long as you don't have night lights on your leo's, which would disturb the
chams, I think you are fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom