SHow me your Picasso's!!!!!!!!!!!!

jchuseth

hi, first eva post!! yEA... well i'm picking up my new pair of picasso's on saturday, can't wait to see them, their only 3 months old.show me yours and how they matured please!

Take a look at the classic grow rates of an Ambilobe, since they are the same local, and you'll have your answer.

DSC03919.jpg

PICASSOWM.jpg

DSC_1565_2.jpg

niceeeee.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is Mufasa on the first day we got him...around 3mo.
P7140178.jpg

....and the last time we photographed him, around 11mo ;):
P2060062.jpg

cham129.jpg

cham123.jpg

cham104.jpg

I would love for someone to help me understand "Picasso." I have heard it used as just ambilobes as well as a name of a "designer" or specific importer chameleon who gets them from a specific location within ambilobe. Where is Calumma andersonii at this time of night?

-chris

i have read/ heard that it is a certain breeder or person's trade marked termed to refer to ambilobes with a lot of color particularly red in them? is this correct?

Wasn't it Olaf Pronk's term for them prior to the actual locale becoming common knowledge?

A number of years ago before Ambilobe was commercially recognized as an economically viable locale for export, Olaf Pronk (an exporter in Madagascar) was sending out a pardalis locale under the trade name Picasso to hold a monopoly on the market for the locale (much like he did with the turquoise blue/blue diamond locale, the Soabana/Mafana locale, the Oorana Mena locale and Pink Panther locale). The Picasso morph quickly became very popular and sparked a lot of speculation and discussion about its possible origin. It was quickly suspected to be from Ambilobe and the lumping of Ambilobe and Picasso imports (as well as the other nickname of Sirama) was fairly controversial for a while. The origin of this locale has never, to the best of my knowledge, been explicitly confirmed by Olaf himself but it is generally considered by breeders, other exporters and anyone who has ever been to Ambilobe to be synonymous with the animals found in and around Ambilobe as they look identical.

These designer morph names listed in this post are true, pure locales. They're just not officially identified by their exporter by the origin's name in an attempt to corner the market.

Chris

this is the father of the picassos i'm getting on saturday. what do people think?? Picasso?? sambava??

Attachments

• DSC01111.JPG
    DSC01111.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 216
That IMO is what would have been considered a Sirama "back in the day", also the same as an Ambilobe/Picasso. Calumma Andersonii I'm sure can relay that part of the story.

Looks like a sambava...I would like to see his normal resting colors. From my experience Sambavas tend to have shorter heads and thicker bodies. But I think as you go from west to east in the locale of ambilobe you go from blues to reds, then further east is your andapa and sambavas.

Here is my sambava breeder:

Here is my soon to be RB ambilobe breeder:

Notice the length of the nose. I think it as you go east it gets shorter, andapa/sambavas have shorter noses. Just my thoughts.

Ohh here is another ambilobe/picasso:

-chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom