Sick of Reptibreeze, HELP!!

if anyone has had any experience with the new magnetic design (i think by Phillippe de Vosjoli?), i would be very interested to know if they are having any rust issues. anyone?

I would just buy distilled water lol...No need to go through all this. I havent had a problem with the distilled water I use from walgreens and walmart. If you are into this hobby and dont have a couple of extra dollars to spend on distilled water idk how you got your set up :D lol my advice is just buy the distilled water and use that for your cages, all the chemicals from your tap may be doing the rust. Just my thought, good luck, I hope you find the solution to your problem!

I use RO/DI and the Reptibreezes still rust horribly.

I second this~ I have all 3 varieties-- I like DIY the best, but LLL's are doing good too.

I agree, DIY's are the best!

ZooMed claimed that they had improved the situation.

Interesting, Zoomed told me this over a year ago. I have seen no such improvements. Reptibreezes cages are poor quality and over priced.
I have not heard anything about the other cages mentioned and do not have any personal experience with them.

old DIYcages.com may be good but @ the moment the bgrade mess they have is worse than a reptibreeze by far! I bought one and is screen actually showed rust the 1st week. I broke that thing down quick and trashed it.

old DIYcages.com may be good but @ the moment the bgrade mess they have is worse than a reptibreeze by far! I bought one and is screen actually showed rust the 1st week. I broke that thing down quick and trashed it.

Interesting. What cages from DIY are you referring to? I have cages from them that are several years old and only the hinges are showing some minor, spotty rust. The screens are not rusting at all. The reptibreezes screens would rust as soon as a branch or vine rubbed across it.

I am saying that the current cages at diycages.com are considered bgrade/factory rejects and junk. The older versions are great I am told, but until they get a new vendor the stuff they had been selling is crap and they even posted a blurb about them being seconds on their site.

The cages are available on ebay at discount price currently and they are not selling them off their site anymore until they get more good enclosures in.

I have been through 7 or 8 reptibreeze cages now. I just tell zoo med and they sent me a new one aslong as I showed them pictures.

They said they have corrected the problem but even the newer ones still rust. I am not going to get any more. im going to get some new ones that I know dont rust over here in the UK when I have the moeny.

I am saying that the current cages at diycages.com are considered bgrade/factory rejects and junk. The older versions are great I am told, but until they get a new vendor the stuff they had been selling is crap and they even posted a blurb about them being seconds on their site.

The cages are available on ebay at discount price currently and they are not selling them off their site anymore until they get more good enclosures in.

Interesting, I did not know that. Then again, I have not bought cages for myself in years.

So in the past year I've had to buy two 24x24x48 Reptibreeze cages from Zoomed. Both of them rusted within 5 months of purchasing them. Can anyone recommend me to a website that has sturdy chameleon cages around the same dimensions described above that won't rust within a year? Or at all?! :(

I use distilled water for everything. It can be a bit of a pain to have to go and purchase it, but I think the cost of buying the distilled H2O would outweigh the cost of replacing the cages every 6 months. Just a thought. :)

I use distilled water for everything. It can be a bit of a pain to have to go and purchase it, but I think the cost of buying the distilled H2O would outweigh the cost of replacing the cages every 6 months. Just a thought. :)

The cost of a RO/DI would outweigh the cost of buying distilled H20 for sure. You should consider investing in one. A 6 stage, portable RO/DI is only $125.00. The ppm on my water after filtration is .00.

The cost of a RO/DI would outweigh the cost of buying distilled H20 for sure. You should consider investing in one. A 6 stage, portable RO/DI is only $125.00. The ppm on my water after filtration is .00.

I agree and will outweigh the cost not by just a little getting a RO System. Plus the ease of always having the water makes it so worth it. No more trips to the store to buy Distilled water.

I bought two 2x2x4 Zoo Med Reptibreeze cages 3 months ago. They are always wet getting misted constantly (more than an hour total a day, and are outside)for my Jacksons and I have not had a bit of rust yet on the screen or anywhere on the cages. Maybe they have fixed the issue with the brand new ones. I will report if I do start getting rust but at the moment I am very satisfied with the cages.

Interesting, any chance you could send me the info on that RO system!?
Buying the RO is getting to be a pain.....

On the topic of reptibreezes, theyre junk. All of mine have rusted badly. Im now trying out the penn plax hd cages, just set one up recently and i am impressed so far

125.00 is a nice price for a 6 stage r/o system. I bought mine several years ago and it was close to double that. For me it is cheaper in the long run to have a r/o system in place. Initial money is more, but if you are buying even 5 gallons a week at 1.00 a gallon(around here), in 6 months the r/o pays for itself and no more buying by the gallon. Just using the 5 gallons figure as an example as most would need more than that based on what you are using it for.

Interesting, any chance you could send me the info on that RO system!?
Buying the RO is getting to be a pain.....

On the topic of reptibreezes, theyre junk. All of mine have rusted badly. Im now trying out the penn plax hd cages, just set one up recently and i am impressed so far

Here is the one I got. It was recommended by Wykd and I tell you it is the best purchase I have done since the MistKing. You can use it for either outside or inside. It will even automatically shutoff once you get the desired water amount so the water will never overfill. I do not know how I was making it without it. http://www.purelyh2o.com/index.php/...age.tpl&product_id=65&category_id=80&vmcchk=1

I use RO/DI and the Reptibreezes still rust horribly.

I agree, DIY's are the best!

Interesting, Zoomed told me this over a year ago. I have seen no such improvements. Reptibreezes cages are poor quality and over priced.
I have not heard anything about the other cages mentioned and do not have any personal experience with them.

You guys must have a monsoon going through everyday or something if they are rusting that bad, maybe improve your drainage or aim your nozzles a little better? I wonder why everyones rust so easy

I am the same, if you have the nozzle directed at plants should be little if any hitting the screen and if your not soaking it down it should dry between mistings. I can't picture how one would have that wet of a screen without nozzle directed at a wall or not enuff plants.

Holy crap! My apologies everyone I completely spaced on this topic.. I went to a friend who owns a local reptile shop and he ordered me in a new aluminum cage for my Cham :) I'm somewhat busy at the moment but when I have time I will read all your posts and give answers accordingly. As for now all I can leave you with is a few pics..

4ac696a0-6e42-1d80.jpg

4ac696a0-6e58-5da5.jpg

Be back soon as I can!

So in the past year I've had to buy two 24x24x48 Reptibreeze cages from Zoomed. Both of them rusted within 5 months of purchasing them. Can anyone recommend me to a website that has sturdy chameleon cages around the same dimensions described above that won't rust within a year? Or at all?! :(

I use this. such a better quality product then reptibreeze.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001V413FU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001V413FU&linkCode=as2&tag=adventureso0c-20

Back
Top Bottom