silks and silks and more silks

Lazy Boy

Even after giving away or feeding off as many as I could I still pulled 81 out today and waiting on another 50+ to coccon or finish their cocoon. For the people waiting on moths they will becoming soon.

The big one in the top right corner has two silks in one cocoon. I watched them work together to make it.

3 females popped out today out of the 100+ cocoons anyone want some moths? I will have some males available for pickup (209 area)

I had 2 female and 2 males pop out first and all was fine. Ended up with a bunch of eggs. Now i have 4 males just trying to hump anything in the bin.I hope some females come out soon

Omg my odds. 6 females just waiting for the first male. He's not going to know what to do. He sure will be busy :eek:

My favorite feeder of all. My chameleons also. I mean all of them.

I wish my cham was big enough for moths but I'm going to try to feed a male off to my Leo but as of right now I have 10 females and not one damn male :mad: females must have a shorter cocoon period Cuz I know I had a bunch of males cocoon first. Also I notice if the room is a little warmer and darker I get more coming out the cocoons. I'm going to have a ton of eggs when the males start popping out.

Have you had any duds yet? With my first batch that I bred I swear half of the cocoons had dead worms in them or they just didn't emerge. I have several batches of eggs ready to go with mine. Just watching for them to hatch.

Have you had any duds yet? With my first batch that I bred I swear half of the cocoons had dead worms in them or they just didn't emerge. I have several batches of eggs ready to go with mine. Just watching for them to hatch.

I'm sure there will be some but couldn't tell you yet but I can say I just had one flying around in my room :eek: it held flight for 5+ sec circling the room and then landed on the wall. These girls are starting to get impatient and about to find their own males.

Thats nuts, I was under the impression that their wings were vestigial and were just for show. I never saw any of mine flying around. Weird.

I've never had one fly. They do a lot of fluttering.

I have seen some flutter and read they can't fly but this one got air and flew around for a good 5+ sec all around the room. Should have seen the look on my face as I was trying to get my phone out to try and video it.

Back
Top Bottom