Sleeping before lights out

Chammers

I just went to wipe down the bottom of my chams cage as I usually do right before his lights turn off. I noticed that he was already sleeping. I haven't noticed him sleeping any during the day at all. Is it okay if they go to sleep a few mins early or is this still considered bad? His lights are set to come on at 7:15 in the AM and turn off at 9:45 PM. I'm thinking his lights m

yes, I would turn the lights off earlier. Try and simulate the sun. If it is dark outside then, have it dark in the cage. You can have the lights on longer in the summer months. And yes, it is ok if they go into their sleeping mode before the lights go out. As long as he is not sleeping during the day that is fine.

I just went to wipe down the bottom of my chams cage as I usually do right before his lights turn off. I noticed that he was already sleeping. I haven't noticed him sleeping any during the day at all. Is it okay if they go to sleep a few mins early or is this still considered bad? His lights are set to come on at 7:15 in the AM and turn off at 9:45 PM. I'm thinking his lights m

I wouldnt suspect it bad. His lights should be 12 on 12 off. Since ur lights are on much longer (which I don't recommend) I would suspect anything bad yet. Just try adjusting the light times and monitor him closely

Thanks for the advice. I moved his lights out time back 1.5 hours and he's not sleeping before they go off now :D so I am happy/less worried about him now.

I always keep the timers similar to what the sun is doing as the majority of my chameleons wake and sleep as the actual sun comes and goes. A 12/12 lighting schedule is not required (and in my opinion is unnatural to keep all year long,) and some species actually need the lights and water to change similarly to the seasons in order to breed.

Back
Top Bottom