Sleeping

Pearl1561

Is there a proper position a chameleon should be sleeping in? Mine appears to have it back side dipping off the branch.

image.jpg

Usually they’ll have their arms and feet tucked in and their tail curled. How many nights has your chameleon slept like that?

I would say it’s because your cage looks a little bare and there aren’t many good options for a sleeping spot. Go out in the timber and get some real branches, and add some real plants.

You definitely need to provide more foliage/hiding places, ideally live plants, but fake plants will work too. Add some more branches.

The diameter of those wood dowels is also too big for his/her little feet. Buy a pack of bamboo stakes at Lowes/Home Depot that will allow your cham to get a firm grip. It looks like he cannot get a secure grip so he is balancing his weight in a way so he can be secure and sleep.

Looks like something might be up with your cham's mouth too. Need more info
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Female do now know age
  • Handling - I purchased her 3/31 and has handles her once to transfer over to new cage
  • Feeding - I’ve offer small crickets, meal worms and wax worms but she has not eaten any
  • Supplements - I have repcal with and without D3
  • Watering - I have a drip system set up at 1 drop every 10 seconds and most twice a day.
  • Fecal Description - no droppings yet
  • History - I adopted her from a friend who couldn’t keep her, she was in a glass tank about 5 gallons with sitting water and a few branches and leaves.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - my cage is a 18x 36 mesh cage, changing out branches and adding more leaves currently
  • Lighting - I have a 5.0 uvb and a 60watt incandescent house bulb. She is on a 12 hour on off schedule, with a drop in temperature at night
  • Temperature - her basking spot is around 87, and at night it drops around 62
  • Humidity - humidity is around 50%, I have live plants and a drip system. I am working on getting a misting system set up.
  • Plants - I have a golden Pothos
  • Placement - the cage is located by a large window about a foot off the ground
  • Location - I am in Southern California
  • I have not seen and swelling in her mouth, when I first got her she was hissing and everything looked alright

Back
Top Bottom