Small in size

Hey everyone

So Loki is now around 8 months old....and he is way smaller then other veilds I see on here around his age....He grew so fast until about 6 months old and then just...stopped....he is active and eats and drinks he is just little....is this normal? Is it that he is just little? Or could it be a sign of something wrong.....always worrying about my baby lol

I may be in this same boat too. I beleive my cham is about 10 months old, but he is small and skinny. From what I read and hear on the forum, he's perfectly healthy, energetic and eats well, but he doesn't looka s large as those I see here claiming to be his age.

Put pics of them ?

This was a while ago. He hasn't grown much. I will see if I can grab some new ones. He was "wiping" the door of his terrarium to get out. (Love thier feet! :p )
full

Last edited by a moderator:
UNless you all got your chams form reputable breeders, you dont know their real age.

Many of you could have chams were not as old as the pet store said they were.

Well I got him from a small family owned petstore in my area. I got him on October of last year...they told me he was 2.5 months old. The pic of him on my figure is the day I got him so you can see his size.

The second photo is him on my birthday which was Feb 16th...he's been the size he is now for a while...not that I care, I mean as long as he is healthy Im happy....and judging from the replies, he isn't the only little man out there lol

Attachments

• 1377086_666868756665399_1018624724_n.jpg
    1377086_666868756665399_1018624724_n.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 149
He looks more like 2 and half weeks old in your first pic, not 2.5 months. And I'd say he looks fine if you add the months that passed since purchase to 2.5 weeks as a start. Seriously- whatever his age in the first pic, if you consider size difference from where he started and add four months to it, I think he's fine. If he stopped growing a while ago, maybe he was closer to 2 months old and will always be a little small from having a slow start.

UNless you all got your chams form reputable breeders, you dont know their real age.

Many of you could have chams were not as old as the pet store said they were.

Reputable or not, my cham was "large" compared to the small iddy biddy guys you usually see. I thougth he was onder because he was much larger than the usual 2-3" guys in the stores.

Besides, I have had him I believe about 10 months. So he's at least THAT old.

He looks more like 2 and half weeks old in your first pic, not 2.5 months. And I'd say he looks fine if you add the months that passed since purchase to 2.5 weeks as a start. Seriously- whatever his age in the first pic, if you consider size difference from where he started and add four months to it, I think he's fine. If he stopped growing a while ago, maybe he was closer to 2 months old and will always be a little small from having a slow start.

My cam was EASILY twice that size, maybe 3 times when I got him.

Eats as much as he wants once every other day.

Let him eat every day. He needs food and heat to grow. My guys about ten months as well. I let him eat daily. I feed him early to give him plenty of time to digest. He's already about 14".

Let him eat every day. He needs food and heat to grow. My guys about ten months as well. I let him eat daily. I feed him early to give him plenty of time to digest. He's already about 14".

Thats what I thought, but it contradicts the "Care sheets" of the forum:

Caresheet said:
Juveniles 6-12 months of age: 10-12 medium crickets every other day

He also would at time ignore food every other day or so, so I figured he was old enough to go on the every other day schedule.

Back
Top Bottom