Smart plug instead of traditional timers? Reviews? Suggestions

lurker9090

Established Member
I was originally looking for smaller timer plugs to fit my outlets better and stumbled across these! I have heard the community talk about smart plugs before, any reviews?
Different brands?
I use Govee for some things, any compatible with that app?
Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 8.38.52 AM.png

I'm using these guys Smart Outlet Timers. Very affordable, and easy to use. Just know you need to set them to "last used setting" for them to retain their settings if power goes out.

I forgot to do this initially and my power went out momentarily. I was at work watching Spike on the camera. When power came back.... Spike was "welcomed" with the misters going off because the timer automatically reverted to "on" and .......he was not happy about that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Luckily I was able to turn them off when I noticed it because you can control them online. These ones have their own app but I noticed they automatically synced with my Amazon Alexa app too (We have a thermostat that uses Amazon Alexa), so that app allows me to control them as well.

I think the ones you are looking at will be just fine. But these ones have been excellent for me.

I even bought them for all my pet cams.

I use a combination of Govee smart plugs and the kasa power strips. The Kasa strips are nice because you can fit all of your plugs on one power strip, however I have found that there is a delay in turning things off/on manually on the app and sometimes if you are trying to turn something off/on via the Kasa app it does not work so I end up watching the app for a minute or so after to ensure the item was turned off/on.

The Govee plugs are awesome because they are instant when using the manual on/off buttons but you end up using a lot of them for all your chameleon stuff. If Govee ever makes a smart strip I'll be buying those.

I also use a mix of Govee and Kasa products. Although they are super convenient and help keep things automated and organized according to a specific schedule, I have always been a bit weary about incorporating “smart” products due to the valid security concerns. I tried it just for my chameleon set up and will stick with it for the time being, as it has helped my husbandry tweaking, but it is on a trial basis so to speak. 🙃

OMG! I just spent 40$ on 4 govee plugs but am worrying about the space it will take up.. THESE LOOK SO NICE! So compact. Might need to return my 4 seperate and get the one strip! THANKS!
Wow, I think I only paid about 25.00 for my 4 govee smart plugs a couple years ago!

OMG! I just spent 40$ on 4 govee plugs but am worrying about the space it will take up.. THESE LOOK SO NICE! So compact. Might need to return my 4 seperate and get the one strip! THANKS!
That’s what I ended up doing with three of my 4 enclosures.

Back
Top Bottom