So happy with how nice he is

Jen2828

At 4.5 months Kaiju is actually now coming to the front of the cage to come out. He's just the most easy going and social guy, couldn't be happier. Just upgraded him to his new 2 x 2 x 4 DIYcages.com enclosure and he's quite happy about it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 164
Im Jealous!

I have a few questions though.

Did you do anything to have him show this behavior? My cham is only 3.5 months old and is scared of me. Im not trying to handle him all the time, but it would make things so much easier when I want to clean his cage.

At 4.5 months Kaiju is actually now coming to the front of the cage to come out. He's just the most easy going and social guy, couldn't be happier. Just upgraded him to his new 2 x 2 x 4 DIYcages.com enclosure and he's quite happy about it.
He has a very sweet face. Sounds like he's going to bring some joy to you life! They're such awesome creatures

Im Jealous!

I have a few questions though.

Did you do anything to have him show this behavior? My cham is only 3.5 months old and is scared of me. Im not trying to handle him all the time, but it would make things so much easier when I want to clean his cage.

Some babies are more laid back than others. Most chameleons eventually get used to you even wild caughts that were imported as adults. Three and a half months is a very young baby. I've found babies are a little spookier than older animals. Maybe it is just they haven't much life experience and the default behavior is to treat everything as if it will eat them. You can speed up the habituation process by being very careful to be non-threatening to your baby. Move slowly. Retreat as soon as you cross that line between no-stress at your presence and stress. Remember that every time they respond to you in fear you are reinforcing that fear response. You know the old adage, practice makes perfect. You don't want them to practice a fear response to you.

Back
Top Bottom