So I just got a phone call.....

Sexism...alive and well on the chameleon forums.
rolleyes.gif
Humans generally can't relate easily to any quantity over 6. Over 6 is "lots" or "many".

So, yes, she is probably exaggerating because she's human.

HAHA! Its thriving!
For the record- I am a woman. I have 2000 crickets. 500 waxworms. 50 hornworms. and have had various other things.

To the OP- if you try dubia roaches, keep this in mind please.
If you or your GF have a breathing issue, like asthma. the dust and poo from roaches can send you into an attack.
Which is why I, who has asthma, will NEVER have roaches.. on purpose. ;)

Not to often crickets get loose in my room, except sometimes there's an occasional cricket or 2 that escapes when i feed my chameleon. Though my cat dont mind one bit, the loose crickets are a cat treat to her so she hangs out in my room all the time lol.

You need a cat for a cricket hunter. ;) At some point it happens to us all! I had 1000 leak out of a hole in my cricket bin while I was gone one weekend. The cage looks pretty secure. What do you keep the crickets in?

That's my cat's favorite thing. He contains them, but never goes for the kill. He's a 25 pounder! Thanks Officer O'Malley!! :D

If you or your GF have a breathing issue, like asthma. the dust and poo from roaches can send you into an attack.

Which is why I, who has asthma, will NEVER have roaches.. on purpose.

I find I'm allergic to cricket poop. Insect poop is one of the more potent allergens around.

I had this problem for a while. My leak was in the gaps between the cage door and the actual cage. When it was closed, there were still big enough gaps around the edges of door. So check there if the problem isn't solved!

So I went home last night, and located one cricket in my closet. The cricket was healthy and hoppity; so I sacraficed him to Tobias in the regualr Cricket Riutal similar to Indiana Jones...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I couldn't locate an escape route from his cage. The largest opening I observed was the gap around the hinge of the door; approximately --> |__| in size ( Too small for the medium crickets to get out I think)

Good news was that that my girlfriend baked cookies for when I got home :)

Furthermore, I held off in feeding him before I left for work this AM. When I get home, I will feed him and observe the little buggers to gain intel on their exit strategy. Poor Tobias might be hungry for the day :/

I'm looking forward to purchasing a few of those roaches this weekend for Tobias. I just hope he likes them!

lol this happens to everyone a few escape and breed nothing like going to sleep with the chirps of the night sound!!! welcome to the club!!!

So have you told your girlfriend about this plan yet? The one who flipped out over a single cricket? ;)

I used the whole " Little beetle thing... you know, like the cute car!" she was not too thrilled. However, seeing how she doesn't live with me, he thoughts on what hangs out in the house is up to me! She did like the idea how they don't jump or smell as bad.

I used the whole " Little beetle thing... you know, like the cute car!" she was not too thrilled. However, seeing how she doesn't live with me, he thoughts on what hangs out in the house is up to me! She did like the idea how they don't jump or smell as bad.

heh. just wait till she figures out that beetle is code for roach....
you may end up single.

Back
Top Bottom