Soil???

pedro92

My 6 month old female veiled is acting weird it looks like her colors are coming in but she has had these black dots all day for about 5 days now whats wrong and also what do you plant ur plants in. what type of soil? brand?

generally any 'name brand' organic soil ,ideally without perlite or vermiculite. Reason for this is,our chams (especially veileds) like to eat the soil sometimes and those two elements can cause an impacment (sp.?). Also you should rinse the leaves, roots and pot in antibacterial soap!!!

generally any 'name brand' organic soil ,ideally without perlite or vermiculite. Reason for this is,our chams (especially veileds) like to eat the soil sometimes and those two elements can cause an impacment (sp.?). Also you should rinse the leaves, roots and pot in antibacterial soap!!!

Make sure that its wet. The soil that is.

pedro92 said..."My 6 month old female veiled is acting weird it looks like her colors are coming in but she has had these black dots all day for about 5 days now whats wrong"...can you post a picture of her? If the dots were bright blue then I would say she is going to lay eggs...but if they are really dark green/black then its more likely stress.

what could be stressing her out she has dots while asleep but not as strong. I am not even in room but when i walk in the dots are there already

i just noticed the soil in my plants have those fertilizer thingies! i covered the soil with socks so its completely covered

when you get the chance, grab an organic potting soil or supersoil from walmart or home depot.
Take out your plants from the cage.
dump the soil and change it with the supersoil.
make sure the white balls of fertilizer are not laying around on the top for your chameleon to eat.

That stuff is very fatal if ingested.

The white stuff isn't always fertilizer. Most of the time it is Perlite and Styroform.

The white stuff isn't always fertilizer. Most of the time it is Perlite and Styroform.

either way whether it's perlite, styrofoam, or fertilizer, all of them will cause problem when your chameleon accidentally eat the balls. And it's not the case of "if" but rather "when."

so, you definitely want to get rid any potential problems.

while at walmart, I would buy some large rocks (about 1 inch in size) to put ontop of the soil to give a bit of cover just to make sure your cham doesnt try to eat it...

as for the dots pedro, what size is the cage? could you give a bit of info onthe enclosure? also any pics of the cham as well as cage?

Back
Top Bottom