Some New Pictures

d3s5

Avid Member
Phineas is doing great in his free range. Just wanted to share some new pics.
Of course, he is in the window in this one.
IMG_2653.jpg

Going over to the window for his morning warm-up.
IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

A couple tail shots.
IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

Enjoying the mist.
IMG_2865.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Deb

Wow what kind of panther is he??? I love his green and dark strips

Thanks. He's a 5 month old Nosy Be from Kammers. Nihlus is his sire. He has really been showing lots of colors since he moved to his free range! (It seemed like forever waiting for him to grow out of his baby grays and browns!)

del33 and ataraxia - thanks for the nice comments. It means a lot - this is my first attempt at Cham ownership. I'm still trying not to be overly stressed about everything!

Deb

thats awsome i am super jealous of that set up, very classy:D

for nosey bes btw take 18-24 months to fully have their intense blue colors :)

you will see alot of changes:D

wont he run away? i forgot to lock benny's cage when i first got him he climbed the stairs and was on my little brothers old crib hissing really loud or i would have never known he got loose thank god the dog was outside all day.

I love your set up! He looks like he is a lucky chameleon! Welcome to the Kammer family of chameleon ownership. I have a Sambava from them. He is a cutle little fellow!

Just purchased a Kammer Nosy be from the same sire today! Very hyped! Your set up and cham are looking good!

How do you feed a free range chameleon? cup feed only? i feel like if you let a bunch of crix go on the plants in there they would just end up all over the place

Thanks everybody!

Santi- I noticed you're from NY. FedEx was an hour late getting him to me on a day over 90 degrees! It was one of the longest hours ever! Didn't seem to bother him a bit, though.

Toph- First off I don't use crickets - bad experiences with them with my dart frogs. I put silkworms, butterworms, hornworms, and moths on the vines all throughout the enclosure. I'll cup feed some butterworms, too. And superworms when he gets bigger. Dubias go in a big bucket and I also will put them on the vines but only where he can get them immediately! He doesn't have any problem finding food anywhere in there. He's very active climbing around at various times of the day. Also, any flies that get into the house go right to the window next to him and he loves hunting them! The plexiglass around the bottom keeps the bugs from getting all over.

Ricky- I was very concerned about him "exploring" when I first took away his baby cage. I got some great advice from a couple forum members. I Cham proofed the room and made sure he can get back into the enclosure! He wandered a bit in the beginning, but now seems to have a daily routine which only includes the window and his free range.

Phineas is looking very handsome. I love the tail shots. I'm glad he's doing so well in his FR. He looks like a very happy boy. :)

Woah I love that set up (and of course the cham too!)! What did you use for the top and bottom (looks like cloth)? Is that just a shelf system like you would get at Lowes/home depot? Did you do any modifications to it?:confused:

great job with the setup, i'd love to be able to rig something like that up for my guy. can you give me some more info on it, what's happeneing over in the window? i can see a vine stretched over to it and then the blinds in the window.... what does he climb around on over there?
thanks a lot,, lisa

@ GreenFlinger and lisa - I ordered a 60x36x86" black shelving unit from Uline. The black curtain was on clearance from WalMart! It's a curtain that supposed to block out all light, but it fit my purpose!

On the bottom shelf (hidden by the curtain) I have all the electrical stuff, mister, timers, etc. Then on the shelf on top of that (also hidden by the curtain) I have a plastic drainage board that sits at an angle so all the water runs to the back. On the back I have gutters (yes, just like for your house) set up so that all the water runs into a bucket underneath. On the third shelf, I put a layer of screen so that all the water from the misting can just run right through to the drainage system. Then I put plexiglass around the whole thing to keep the bugs contained. On the back is a shower curtain.

The top shelf has all the lights on it - six altogether - and the nozzles from the mister are attached - I use three nozzles. All the cords run down behind the shower curtain. I had to build protectors for the basking lights because he can fit through the bars! I used hardware cloth and duct tape for that!

The vine that goes over to the window - well, I wasn't planning on that. Flies get into the house sometimes and they go right to that window. He climbed over me to get to them! I didn't want him to fall trying to get over there, so I just put up a vine. He just climbs the blinds - hunts and basks in the windows.
IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

Great idea on the setup! Free Range ideas are always running through my head n I would love to make them happen one day! I could imagine what that hr must have felt like.. deliveries are always early over here so hopefully no problems with that. I can't wait! Keep up the pics as he starts developing more color!

Back
Top Bottom