Something is growing around chameleons mouth. What could it be?

Diana258

Hello guys,

This is Benjy, panther chameleon. Since I've got him (a month ago) I've noticed some herpes/infection kinda looking spots. Took him to vets, they assured me that it's not papilloma and took a sample which then sent it to the lab. Still waiting for results to come back (it's been 2 weeks) but now I can see that it's spreading. It don't seem painful for him but I saw him rubbing his mouth on the vine. So please let me know if you've seen anything like this before?
thanks

Attachments

• benjy2.jpg
    benjy2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 147
  • benjy.jpeg
    benjy.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 164
Hello guys,

This is Benjy, panther chameleon. Since I've got him (a month ago) I've noticed some herpes/infection kinda looking spots. Took him to vets, they assured me that it's not papilloma and took a sample which then sent it to the lab. Still waiting for results to come back (it's been 2 weeks) but now I can see that it's spreading. It don't seem painful for him but I saw him rubbing his mouth on the vine. So please let me know if you've seen anything like this before?
thanks

My chameleon has the same thing... he's a veiled

Go to a section in the forums related to what your looking to post like health clinic and there will be a button at the top.

Sorry I can't be of help to your panther but I'm interested in the results. Hopefully the vet test turns something up.

So today they have received the results and all came back negative. They have checked for bacterial infection, parasites, yeast infection, ringworm infection and nothing...other option is to do biopsy but I think I'll just leave it as it is now not just because I've paid 80 pounds and biopsy would probably cost double that, but just because I don't want to hurt him. If it gets worse or if it starts hurting him then I might do the biopsy. But If you guys have seen something like this let me know!

Back
Top Bottom