Starting a Pardalis Breeding Project - The Chameleon Collective

Hello!

My name is Tyler France and I am the founder of The Chameleon Collective. Here at TCC we strive to produce the highest quality ambilobe chameleons through ethical keeping and breeding practices. The chameleons that are a part of TCC are purchased through Jon Hill at iPardalis. Please follow along on my journey as I create a business and breeding project from the ground up. I plan on being fully transparent throughout the process so the people following can learn from me and hopefully one day purchase a TCC bred chameleon. Please feel free to add any questions or tips you may have to the thread. I look forward to our next post!

First order of business was ordering a hybrid enclosure from Bill Strand at Dragon Strand and getting that set up. The plants purchased are from The Little Greehouse in Baltimore, MD. I hope you enjoy! An updated picture with branches will be uploaded soon...

Attachments

• 73543596488__A69B42DA-AEA2-43DB-AF56-32EEE3BF1E7A.jpg
    73543596488__A69B42DA-AEA2-43DB-AF56-32EEE3BF1E7A.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum. So are you working with Jonathan and his breeding project/business?
Happy to join in! I'm getting my chameleons exclusively from Jonathan, and I'm following his and Bill Strand's care advice from The Chameleon Academy. Right now, I'm not officially part of Jonathan's projects, but we're chatting about teaming up on something cool down the road. Once we've got all the details ironed out, I'll let the forum know. The plan is to pitch in on some research Jonathan's working on by doing my own study and sharing what we find. First up, I'm digging into whether it's better to raise chameleon babies in a natural, bioactive setup or in a sterile environment. I'll be keeping track of everything I do with the breeding and research so others can learn from it too.

Welcome to the forum. So are you working with Jonathan and his breeding project/business?
Hi Tyler, welcome in! Do you have an instagram to follow your journey on as well?
Hey Nate, TCC does have an instagram. My wife is my director of communications and marketing and we are currently putting together our first post so there isn't much content right now but there will be soon. The instagram is @thechameleon_collective We also are working on a website and store front so that will be published within the next couple weeks as well.

The countdown has begun! Picking up my chameleon from iPardalis on Saturday. I have attached photos of the male that I will eventually be breeding and also his enclosure. Any tips about the enclosure are welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9605.jpg
    IMG_9605.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9520 2.PNG
    IMG_9520 2.PNG
    506.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9519.PNG
    IMG_9519.PNG
    472.8 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to the forums, Jonathan is one of the best and a sponsor here and good luck on your project 👍
I would probably put the enclosure on a stand of some sort to raise it to where the basking branch is roughly eye level or so.

Back
Top Bottom