Still Deciding

kiocloud

Im planning on getting my first chameleon in a month or so. I'm still getting the money to set up the cage and etc. and i was wondering what type of chameleon i should get, im deciding over a veiled or panther. I'd appreciate some help:D

Hello,
I don't know if you have heard this before of not, but just be sure you read A LOT of info about them because if you dont, they die very easily not trying to scare you but just be familiar with chameleons and set up the right cage and habitat before you have bought the cham. Panther and Veileds are a lot alike care wise, and panthers seem to be a lot more beautiful, but if you are new I would go with a Veiled becuase it is less expensive and you will be less money out if it happen to die or you dont like having the responsibility anymore but for beginners I would recommend actually a gecko or something, but if you have your mind set on a cham go for it, but I would go with Veiled if I were you but you have been warned chams are very delicate creatures and die easily if not cared for properly I speak from experience sadly :( ok good luck deciding the choice is up to you in the end though.

Welcome!
in all honesty, it depends on what you are looking for and can afford.
Veileds are cheaper, but they all have relatively the same coloring.
Panthers, though much more expensive, have a multitude of colors.
Veileds have been known to be grumpy. Panthers can be, but some are very sweet.
What kind of cage are you setting up, Size, type.. etc?
What plans are you making?
What are you going to put in the cage? like plant wise and stuff?

Veiled and panther care are essentially the same. SO it really depends on what you feel comfortable spending.

i chose a veiled for my first not knowing if i could do it right i didnt invest in a 300 dollor cham my little waldo is friendly enough he doesnt seem to be aggressive yet but hes not a teen yet.

Back
Top Bottom