Still Need Heat Lamp If The Room Is Warm Enough?

Hadeesh

I just got a Reptisun 5.0, and either that or the weather warming up causes the cage to be 84 Degrees Basking, 80 Degrees gradient (which I need to lower). If I were to have the heat lamp on it would be 90+.

Your Chameleon - Jacksons, Male, 6 months. In my care a month.
Handling - Practically never.
Feeding - Six or eight Crickets, @8-11am. Gutloaded crickets with flukers calcium diet and mustard greens
Supplements - Zoo med Calcium Everday, Zoo med Multivitamin twice a month, Flukers Calcium d3 twice a month.
Watering - Spray bottle and drip system, Three or four times a day, 20 seconds. I see him drinking.
Fecal Description - White urates, normal balls of poop.
History - N/A

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 1/2 Inch PVC coated wire cage, 44x18x24
Lighting - Reptisun 5.0, Zoo med Infrared 100w Basking Bulb, Zoo med 100w Intense Basking bulb (when needed),Zoo med double light fixture, generic lamp for uvb bulb.
Temperature - Basking Spot 80-87 Floor 70-75 Daytime, 60-65 Nightime. Two seperate thermometers.
Humidity - 50%-80%, Depends on when I mist. Between mists 50%-60%. Drip system and misting.
Plants - All fake.
Placement - My room, the top of the cage is 60 inches above the ground.
Location - Washington, USA.

in my opinion yes for example why do lizards sun if the air is 90 degrees. Because it helps break down the food

If your room is that warm you would probably not need a basking light. What are you using to check the temps? How old and what species of chameleon do you have?

You definately don't want to get a jackson to hot. I recommend something digital. I use a digital temp gun.

Back
Top Bottom