stressed?

Joseph.Mikiten

• Your Chameleon -female veiled chameleon, around 6months old. been in our care around 3 months
  • Handling - i try not to handle her too often however she is normally people friendly. probably once every two weeks
  • Feeding - she eats crickets. normally around 15 a day. 7 in the morning and 8 around 6pm. I'm feeding the crickets Orange by FlukerS
  • Supplements - Flukers Repta Calcium. I dust them as they go into the cage.
  • Watering - I mist the cage down about 3 times a day. I must for about 10-15 minutes. yes actually did it last night and she seems to enjoy it.
  • Fecal Description - Brown and white. consistency has been mushy but not liquidated and not dry. never been tested for parasites
  • History - i do not know exact age. I was told around 4-6 months so. sorry.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type -the cage is all screen 24 by 24 by 48
  • Lighting - exoterra. tropical terrarium bulb. I have a Uva light, a uvb and a ( gotta change it) red heating light. turn them on at about 10 am off at 10pm
  • Temperature - basking spot is around 85°f middle of the cage is around 70°f bottom of the cage is 55°f. the lowest it's ever gotten in there during the night is 60°f I leave a thermometer in a spot which I am measuring for about 30 minutes.
  • Humidity the humidity I am unsure of. however I'm fairly certain it is in the 70's all throughout. I am misting the cage to create these levels. I use a standard hygrometer.
  • Plants - Yes I am using live plants it is a golden pothos
  • Placement - it is located in my room it is near none of those. the cage is 48 inches tall. and is on my desk so the top is raised another 24 inches or so. it's plenty high.
  • Location- latitude:37 long:-85 elevation:251m

From what Im reading I dont see why she would be stressed, have you added anything recently to her cage, has this always been the cage she was in. Take a picture when she is stressed and of her home

here is her right now

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 151
Okay so you said the cage was new for a week and a half, id give it at least two weeks for her to settle in and get 100% comfortable. A few reasons she can be dark, shes cold so shes turning a darker color to absorb more heat, but your basking temp is 85, i dont see an issue with that. She still could be adjusting to everything so shes just nervous. Being dark while basking is fine as shes absorbing heat. Now if you notice the little black dots on her with with the black strips going up and down her cask. Shes doing the same thing my girl does when shes stressed. What ended up being my issue was i had to much stuff in her cage and she got stressed from only having a few places to go to, once i removed the plant i added she was okay. Even adding something like a plant could do it. I even saw someone had a stuffed animal across the room and it stressed theirs out. There tough but i find also sensitive when it comes to things like this. Have you tried taking her outside? I bought a larger habiscus plant and i put my girl in there, i kept an eye on her so she wouldnt leave or escape but she loved it in there, she would turn a nice pretty green. Like i said dark means either basking to absorb heat which is normal. stressed, or she might be sick possible parasite. If you want 100% peace of mind you can do a stool sample.

Back
Top Bottom