Suggestions for Moth larvae or caterpillars?

Twitchet

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi there, Has anyone had any luck growing on larvae of moths or caterpillars for Chameleon food?
I'm in the U.K so cant get hornworms- I dont want to do silkworms unless really necessary so was wondering whether their were any species that would be possible- can be tropical if they are available from a lepidopterist supply co. I was hoping to raise some nice big hawkmoth type larvae but what type of larvae are attractive to a chameleon I dont know- obviously anything with flash warning markings or hairs are not going to be.
Would love to hear any experiences- :)

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I pupate more Silk worm moths than I know what to do with... Without much effort too.

Compared to Horn worm moths, the Silk worm moths are much easier and quicker to produce... In my personal experience.

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion, I've always read that silkworms are difficult to grow and keep alive but maybe I will look into setting myself up with some cultures, low/ no resistance to other live food germs apparently, have two parsons joining the fam so am trying to think of foods to grow for them. Never thought of letting them pupate for moths, I bet they'd go nuts for them. Many thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom