Superworm myth or truth?

Good to know - my cham always shoots at the head. It's a learning experience for them.

my veiled used to love horned worms, but you cant get them in canada anymore that i know of. know of anywhere else they stopped selling them and why?

It is a total and complete myth.

Superworms drown in a drop of water within a few seconds- how the heck are they going to live and breath inside an animal's stomach?

Langerwerf fed supers as the primary food source (as in nearly sole diet) to tens of thousands of lizards over a couple decades and numerous generations and never saw this happen and thought it was the stupidest thing he ever heard.

I've been using supers for 20 years and have fed to thousands of lizards as well.

It's a myth.

Hornworms

my veiled used to love horned worms, but you cant get them in canada anymore that i know of. know of anywhere else they stopped selling them and why?
I believe it was some kind of border regulations issue regarding importing them. Our supplier couldnt get them anymore, and he supplies all the local stores, so nobody's had them for quite a while. I'll ask them this Friday about any progress on he matter. If not, I guess we'll have to start dying our silkies blue? Lol.

Really don't worry about it. They can bite, and it will give you a little shock if your not expecting it, but you don't have to worry about one chewing its way out of your cham, it won't happen.

Anyone could have told her that, and she regurged it at you... If this were a Vet, that would be one thing, but people at pet stores like to try to act like they have a lot more info than they actually do sometimes, This is why pet stores are horrible places to get info on husbandry...Cause most of the time if they don't have an answer for you, you won't here an "I don't know...that is a great question, let me find out for you..." they will just blow wind whether it is good info or not...I don't know why they do this. The private shop I worked in before, that specialized mostly in Exotic fish and very few reptiles, had a policy...If you were asked a question that you did not have an answer too, you found someone who knew so the customer could get the correct info. That made the job a GREAT learning experience. Recently I have heard some real doosies thrown at me by shop employees while browsing and looking at reptiles. I rarely let on my experience just to see what is said. I have gone to the management at my local store to complain about employees offering bunk husbandry advise, I don't like it.

Sorry to rant a bit...

~Joe

Yea I hate it when workers just make up something to look good. they can always just say they don't know and have them call and ask for a person that knows more about the topic. I got my Chameleon from pet Smart and after 15 mins of looking on the web knew more than they do. I'm Very far from an expert and learning everyday.
If you don't know of an answer just say I don't know but I can lead you to the right answer. Just think if you sell something you should know more about your product than you can learn from the sheet of paper that they give you when you buy it.

Wow that was my rant for the year

Brian

Back
Top Bottom