Superworms: consensus?

We have to stop humanizing these animals, reptiles have a completly different metabolism then we have.

You need to consider that the density of food in their natural habitats fluctates seasonaly, meaning that their are times, where they can stuff themselves and times where they will hardly find anything to nibble on.
Thus in their natural habitats those individuals, who eat as much as possible during the season rich of food, will have better chances surviving the season with little food, because they can live of their fat depot -> thus have a higher fitness(can bear more offspring).

Reptiles are survivalists, it is very difficult to feed chameleons too little, the animals will just lower their metabolism and move less.

A ^^

Well phrased and much appreciated. I recently started taking care of 3 Ambilobes (5 months old) and have been searching for a "perfect diet", given there is no such thing, but I would like to imitate what is natural to them to the best of my ability. If that means occasional dry spells with no food, then so be it. However, I would really appreciate it if somebody could post a link with a sufficient diet for adolescent panther chameleons.

Thanks guys:)

Back
Top Bottom