Supplementation questions??

chamycham

Hi guys I have the exo terra calcium, exo terra calcium +d3 and exo terra multivitamins how many times a week should I give calcium, how many times calcium+D3, and how many times multivitamins.

Thanks!

Hi guys I have the exo terra calcium, exo terra calcium +d3 and exo terra multivitamins how many times a week should I give calcium, how many times calcium+D3, and how many times multivitamins.

Thanks!

What type of cham do you have? Gender and age?

What kind of chameleon do you have?
For my veiled it's plain calcium every feeding and d3+multivitamin twice a month :)

I don´t have any cham yet, I am preparing I like to have everything ready before he arrives, I probably get a veiled, cause panthers here in Mexico are very expensive, but if I have the oportunity I´ll get a panther I have all his setup: 16x16x20 cage,24x24x48 cage (soon), monsoon,plastic plants, ill buy a schefflera,sun glo neomidyum basking spot,vines,digital thermo hydrometer,branches, I´ll go to the US in 3 weeks so I´ll buy the 24x24x48 cage, UVB, another heat bulb, I´ll post pictures later of my cage

I don´t have any cham yet, I am preparing I like to have everything ready before he arrives, I probably get a veiled, cause panthers here in Mexico are very expensive, but if I have the oportunity I´ll get a panther I have all his setup: 16x16x20 cage,24x24x48 cage (soon), monsoon,plastic plants, ill buy a schefflera,sun glo neomidyum basking spot,vines,digital thermo hydrometer,branches, I´ll go to the US in 3 weeks so I´ll buy the 24x24x48 cage, UVB, another heat bulb, I´ll post pictures later of my cage

Kudos for doing your research first! So many people do it back to front!

I would recommend a normal incandescent house bulb for your basking site, no need to waste money on a basking bulb. A normal bulb will give you heat and that's all you need. You only need 1 heat source as you don't want the whole enclosure to be hot.

For UVB I would recommend an Arcadia t5 in a hood or a 5.0 or 10.0 strip light which should be mounted outside the mesh. Compacts have a lot of hype around them being bad for chaneleon eyes so I would avoid them.

Kudos for doing your research first! So many people do it back to front!

I would recommend a normal incandescent house bulb for your basking site, no need to waste money on a basking bulb. A normal bulb will give you heat and that's all you need. You only need 1 heat source as you don't want the whole enclosure to be hot.

For UVB I would recommend an Arcadia t5 in a hood or a 5.0 or 10.0 strip light which should be mounted outside the mesh. Compacts have a lot of hype around them being bad for chaneleon eyes so I would avoid them.

10.0 is too high, only a 5.0 is necessary. I didn't spend money on a strip, I just got one of those UV-enhancing deep domes at PetSmart for cheap. And panthers are VERY expensive in the U.S.!! Ambilobes run $400-$450 for a beauty.

10.0 is too high, only a 5.0 is necessary. I didn't spend money on a strip, I just got one of those UV-enhancing deep domes at PetSmart for cheap. And panthers are VERY expensive in the U.S.!! Ambilobes run $400-$450 for a beauty.

Sure I read on here that if you had a large enclosure with thick mesh you would need a 10.0, there was a really good lighting thread but it escapes me. That's why I said 5 or 10. 5 might not be so good outside a 4 foot reptibreeze for example. IMO the strips are far far better than the compacts.

This is where I got my info
https://www.chameleonforums.com/definitive-lighting-thread-everything-you-really-need-know-80869/

Back
Top Bottom