Supplements. Give it to me straight

Tomtom

What brand/times per week/kind of supplements should i give my veiled? and how do i administer it? dusting the crickets? water? etc? also maybe tell me how many times per week for each/and what you feed your cham. i have mine on just crickets right now gut loaded with fluckers food/hydration and carrots with greens. id appreciate any info that you would recomend

what about foods? i have her on a cricket diet right now and i was thinking that i need to change it up to give her different kinds of nutrients. instead of crickets, is there another source of main staple that i can give her that is readily available from pet stores? shes id say about almost a year old (got her from a friend that didnt know what the hell he was doing so i dont know specifically). ill post some pics and see what you think of her and her setup. im in the process of getting a uvb on friday. will be getting the long uvb since ive heard compact links to blindness. true?

Cage & Lupita

Attachments

• DSCN2082.jpg
    DSCN2082.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN2083.jpg
    DSCN2083.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 139
what about foods? i have her on a cricket diet right now and i was thinking that i need to change it up to give her different kinds of nutrients. instead of crickets, is there another source of main staple that i can give her that is readily available from pet stores? shes id say about almost a year old (got her from a friend that didnt know what the hell he was doing so i dont know specifically). ill post some pics and see what you think of her and her setup. im in the process of getting a uvb on friday. will be getting the long uvb since ive heard compact links to blindness. true?

From local pet stores I believe the best you'll be able to do are crickets, superworms, and waxworms, if we're talking the run of the mill petco/petsmart. If you're open to online ordering, silkworms are great.

From local pet stores I believe the best you'll be able to do are crickets, superworms, and waxworms, if we're talking the run of the mill petco/petsmart. If you're open to online ordering, silkworms are great.

LOL If you live around me online is the only way our pet stores only have crickets, mealworms and if your lucky you might get superworms.
I just placed my order today
crickets
superworms
mealworms
waxworms
butterworms
having a hard time getting silkworms and hornworms.

Be careful with mealworms. I personally no longer use them as feeders, but when I did it was once a week max, so not really worth it since they can cause impaction!

I should have explained we have other reptiles I didn't order mealworms for my chams. When I order I buy for my chams and both of my sons lizards.

i guess then my next question would be, is it ok for my veiled that the only thing i feed her is crickets? like do i REALLY need to change up her diet? and i read that buying locusts in the us is illegal due to them being a major pest. so i dont see how thats going to happen. it would be easier to just use crickets that are gut loaded, but i want to make sure she has what she needs.

can silkworms be used whenever? like along with the diet of crickets? like lets say i use silkworms everyother day and crickets the rest? and as far as the worms go do you still need to gut load them with certain things? just trying to get all this right. and i checked out that website and ill probably be ordering about 100. is there a place where i can get info on caring for the silkworms?

You can use silkworms as often as you like......they are excellent feeders. Use the search tab at the top; I know I've seen care sheets for silk worms on here.

Back
Top Bottom