Supplements

BleuSaphir

Chameleon Enthusiast
I use the ReptiVite with D3 and Repti Calcium without D3.
The Reptivite is twice a month and calcium is dusted regularly. Sometime
I skip since I dust heavily. 😅

Can I use Repashy Calcium Plus LoD on it own or use in conjunction with Repti Calcium?

LoD is still pretty high. Its fine for growing chams, but not adults, still too much D3 for daily use as it were.

D3 levels of popular powders:

RepCal D3+ 400,000 IU/kg
Flukers Reptacalcium 100,000 IU/lb
Exoterra 14,740 IU/lb
ZooMed ReptiCalcium 22,907 IU/kg
Mineral -indoor 2000ui per kg
Repashy calcium plus LoD 8,000 IU/lb
Arcadia RevitaliseD3 5000 IU/kg

I dont have the time right now to convert kg to lbs, but just pretend that the 8,000 IU/lb is 20,000 iu/kg

I would use the Repti calcium no d every feeding and buy Repashy lod and use 2x a month. That is it. The Repashy lod has vitamins and d so you cover both in 1 supplement.
they can also continue with the reptivite till gone if they use SuperCal LoD. its just LoD without vitamins.

I use Repti Calcium without D3 every feeding and Repashy Calcium plus LoD twice a month for all my chameleons except jacksons they get the RepashyLoD once a month.

Attachments

• 20190420_160553.jpg
    20190420_160553.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 5
I am asking, I don’t like using the reptivite. I don’t think the powder sticks well to the feeders. I feel it not giving enough vitamins. Even if I crush it more finer.

I am asking, I don’t like using the reptivite. I don’t think the powder sticks well to the feeders. I feel it not giving enough vitamins. Even if I crush it more finer.

Gotta remember its a "supplement". Its just a little insurance incase your gut load is not on point. There is no "dosage" only frequency a wee bit is all that is required. There is a huge surface area difference between 6grams of dubias vs 6 grams of crickets, it well over 10x the square area.
If anything most chams are over supplemented, not under.

The other thing you can do is switch up your feeding habits. You can have "the chosen few" that get a real good gut load with your vitamins mixed in, the day or two before feed them off. Then they turn into vitamin pills :p

And if you dont like reptivite due to bad powder, try Repashy stuff, its pretty fine/sticky. Or if you are masochist try sticky tongue farms vitamin, it doesnt stick to anything but like rodent hair or wet feeders.

This is exactly why I switched to the repashy. I felt the same way. Repashy sticks much much better

I switched from the ReptiCalcium to Repashy Superal noD. I found the ReptiCalcium was too sticky and clumped, making it difficult to sprinkle a tiny pinch to dust my feeders with and also sprinkle on my bearded dragon’s salads. I didn’t have any problems with ReptiVite with D3. Even though it looked like it didn’t stick to the feeders, my animals obviously were gettting enough of it to remain healthy. I did switch to Repashy Calcium Plus LoD anyhow for the chameleons and use the ReptiVite for the beardies.

I like the Reptivite, if I had Iguana, Bearded Dragon, or tortoise. I’m just a concern chameleon keeper thinking what is able to get dusted on the bugs. It feel like it ain’t enough. :ROFLMAO:

Remember over dusting is not advised either. The Repashy LoD is a better product as they do not add phosphorus to it like reptivite does. Repashy products are better at "sticking" without overly coating as well. Repashly LoD would still only be used 2 times a month then you would want a calcium without D3 at all other feedings lightly dusted. Your insects should not look like powdered donuts.

Back
Top Bottom