Sweet Sun Cage!!

That cage (and video) were done by Dr. Ivan Alfonso, a vet in Orlando. Quite possibly the best chameleon vet in the country.

That cage (and video) were done by Dr. Ivan Alfonso, a vet in Orlando. Quite possibly the best chameleon vet in the country.

I have heard/know of Doctor Alfonso, I did not know that is his cage though. I have seen some other of his videos on You Tube as well.

Gotta say that is a good looking sun cage.

Last edited:
The fin mist misting system he has in his screen cage is similar to the fine misting system I have got in my greenhouse. Good to keep the temperatures cool. I have been considering experimenting with Mist King.

Sure is a great cage!

Dr.Alfonso is great! He is Jannb's vet along with some other North Florida members. Great guy and knows what he is doing!:)

Does anyone know what he keeps in the sun cage? Last I heard he was keeping panthers except that was about 10 years ago though. I suppose that sun cage would be good for Mellers/Oustelti all the way to Panthers and Jacksons. He has definately got some options when it comes to species he can keep in that sun cage.

I agree. Dr. Alfonso is a truly awesome chameleon vet. I know he doesn't have the melleri anymore, I think he has the Prehensile Tailed Skink's in there now.

Here's the big cage on my back screened porch.

freerangered066.jpg

freerangered067.jpg

freerangered071.jpg

freerangered072.jpg

Last edited:

That's my man, I love Ivan, good thing I am 3 times his age, I could dump hubby and chase Ivan. Well not really but I do love him as a vet & a friend. Cage may be for some of his prehensile tail skinks (money tail skinks).

Looks like what Steve Sims keeps his Parson's in.

Wow, how funny. Ivan and I were just talking about that enclosure. :)

Laurie, I think you'll have to get through Divy to get to Ivan and I'm not really sure anyone would want that! ;)

The monkey tails are no longer in there, but there are some plans to continue utilizing it in the future.

Luis

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom