Tattoos

I've found it interesting to see the ink art
Havent yet got one myself, still trying to perfect just exactly what I want!

That is the Key Sandra!!! I have 2 friends that will tat me for free. One is the guy who did my maiden piece and another who did one of my thighs. I havent been tattooed in over a year because I havent gotten any ideas that I feel confident in. I will not get a tat just for the purpose of having one. Ive got plenty of friends with what I would call CRAP on them. Not that its bad work just dumb concepts:eek: Its worth the time to wait and get something you have thought through and has some kind of meaning to you. And yes IT HURTS!!!!:)

This makes me laugh because so many people say it doesn't. Um, bull. It's a needle in your skin over and over. That hurts, lol. :p

It depends on your definition of Pain though.. I have given live birth to three children, the last without medication.. I am 5'1 and weighing the most I ever have outside of pregnancy right now..a whopping 96 lbs.. so my idea of pain might be different from someone say, over 200 lbs.. However, they say redheads have the highest pain threshold. I have had piercings where I didnt flinch and some where I almost passed out..The tats.. I almost passed out due to the adrenaline rush crashing hard..but after that went away, I was content to sit there... However i do feel it and it is uncomfortable.. It also depends on how heavy handed the artist is.. The guy who did my kids names was more heavy handed than the guy who did my bunny even though the names took 1/4 the amount of time, it felt like the guy was carving into my side.. I swore I thought I was going to be gushing blood when he was done.. UGH!! So yea, if you don't like needles, then you will likely have an issue with getting a tattoo..
I also agree that it should mean something. My first one (the chinese symbol) I was PUSHED into having by peer pressure.. so wasnt ready, but its there and it has meaning moreso now since Ive added 2 kids to the clan since then..The bunny was because I love rabbits, ran a rabbit rescue, and this one was loosely based on a rabbit I had that passed on.. the kids names.. well heck, think that explains itself.. In case Im old and forgetful, I can look down and know which one to call to change my diaper! Hahaha.. The tree frog, I am a frog fanatic and I think they are amazing.. My frog is just stunning to me and has opened my eyes up to a whole new herp lifestyle.. The great Dane..well, thats my baby.. She is anamzing dog that found ME when I didnt even know I was looking.. and the Sally from TNBC, is a symbol of my devotion to my husband without having his name across some part of my body..and if we ever part way, the tombstone with or marriage date can also symbolize the day my world died because I married him..see, double edge sword. LOL!!! My husband would be so proud, he says I was born without a sense of humor..;)

Hahaha. I find it funny too when people say it doesnt hurt. Like black betty said. Some artists will hurt more and some people have a higher threshold but it still hurts. Some spots are worse than others too. After 4 hours of getting tattooed it is excrutiating because your endorphins run out after so long. IVe been there a couple times but I would rather be tatted for 4 hours on my lower leg than the 30 minutes it took to do the back of my knee!!!! I limped for a week and it was just a blob of scab. It actually turned out not bad though, a lot better than we thought it would. One of my thigh pieces go up into my crease/groin, that was pretty intolorable also. I have become more of a whimp since I dont skateboard much anymore though:rolleyes:

One of my thigh pieces go up into my crease/groin, that was pretty intolorable also.

That just SOUNDS painful... I thought the bottom name on my hip would hurt as it was on bone but the first name on top was on my kidneys and that SUCKED! I wanna get an old tree up my ribs but being so boney..Im rather frightened. LOL..

I am going to check out a local tatoo place tomorrow night though and see if they can do my frog..I want realistic, not cartoony.. Hubby wants another skull thing..I told him he cant get anymore until I catch up to him..I have 5 more to go!

The one on my lower back was so painful I nearly never it finished!!! On the other hand the one on my leg hardly hurt at all :confused:

Cain im so jealous I want a maiden tattoo!!

The one on my lower back was so painful I nearly never it finished!!! On the other hand the one on my leg hardly hurt at all :confused:

Cain im so jealous I want a maiden tattoo!!

Hahaha. Oh yeah another Maiden fan!!!!!! Just to make you a little more jealous. IT WAS TOTALLY FREE!!!!! :p Ive got Eddies face in the sky from brave new world in there too. I think its pretty cool how it was all pieced together. We took all the tomb stones, and other background parts from Derek Riggs book (maidens artist for quite some time) There is even a cat from one of his drawings.

You cant go wrong with a Maiden piece!!

Hahaha. Oh yeah another Maiden fan!!!!!! Just to make you a little more jealous. IT WAS TOTALLY FREE!!!!! :p Ive got Eddies face in the sky from brave new world in there too. I think its pretty cool how it was all pieced together. We took all the tomb stones, and other background parts from Derek Riggs book (maidens artist for quite some time) There is even a cat from one of his drawings.

You cant go wrong with a Maiden piece!!

I want the Brave new World one!!!!! GRRRRR so jealous haha. Eddie is definately a mans tattoo though. If i was a man id be covered in maiden tats. I want iron maiden tattooed on my forearm but people keep saying "jobs jobs jobs jobs" Ah Well :rolleyes:

Hubby is a Maiden fan too. He doesnt have any to do with them but he has some skull with a space helmet on (It looks like an alien) from Powerman5000? And Warhammer tats. I think the new one he wants is another Warhammer thingie..on his elbow.. YIKES!
I think Im getting my froggie aobve my chinese symbol so it will be between my ribs with a vine wrapping around my symbol...T least that the rough idea.

Hubby is a Maiden fan too. He doesnt have any to do with them but he has some skull with a space helmet on (It looks like an alien) from Powerman5000? And Warhammer tats. I think the new one he wants is another Warhammer thingie..on his elbow.. YIKES!
I think Im getting my froggie aobve my chinese symbol so it will be between my ribs with a vine wrapping around my symbol...T least that the rough idea.

That will look gorgeous. Sounds painful tho.

Well we went to all the tat shops last night on our time away from the kids. They want $300 average for hubbys which blew us both outta the water as we didnt think it was that detailed or difficult ,but oh well.. Ill save up while he is away and surprise him when he comes back. Mine is about $100., I didnt get it due to time constraint with the babysitter...(and I get freaked out when I get IN the tattoo shop...).. But we'll see...

So here is what Ive decided. I have my three kids' name in black Kids font on my right hip (as this is where I carried them all). Ive decided on the right side of that to get a chameleon. Its tail will wrap under the kids' name and curle on the other side. On top of that will sit my red eye tree frog. This way, since they are both brightly colored, they will be int he same general area and 2 things that I really enjoy surrounding my children. Whatcha think?

The few pictures that I found on the computer that have some what half-ass views of the ink I have. I realized I am wearing long sleves in most of the pictures I have on here.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You look like Adrian... Oh crap.. the guy from Entourage who does those Green shows on Tv now..Ecotrip or something.. Grenier?

I cant really tell what the tats are..'Splain. :)

Really thinking hard about the side tree tattoo..

I put off the cham one because Im not sure what cham I would want and everyone I have seen, seems to be cartoony..and Im just not trusting that people can make animals realistic..

So I wanna tree down the ribs..I was thinking of the Spirit Tree up north..I think its on the edge of some lake..I dont know.. But I like the idea of it..its mangled and have character... and maybe later on I can perch a cham in it...

Kind of. I actually worked with a Phd polynesian anthropologist to help me with the design and meaning of some of the pieces. Like the "cross" within the circle. It's the polynesian version of a christian cross.

Kayleigh, my other half, just got a tattoo from an amazing artist in Chicago.
This picture is still fresh with bandage residue!

tattoonobuttcrack.jpg

Her mom got one as well, and her sister is pretty much covered shoulder to legs in traditional style tattoos.

I can't believe Kayleigh got one before I did. I will soon enough though, I want to be 100% sure on my artist and design first though.

Back
Top Bottom