***The Official Enclosure Picture Thread***

Thanks for the advice. I will take this into consideration. Right now there is a 65 watt bulb, it does not get "hot" where she likes to sit, but I will be putting a temperature probe there as soon as it arrives (prompted me to order one) just to be on the safest of sides. Thanks.

No problem :) I as well have a temperature probe in my eyes... Which one did you order?

No wonder my chameleon hates me, he looks at me going through these and wonders when im going to build him a super cage!

heres mine now i dont like it as much i had a pothos on the ground insted of the water fall but im worried about her drinking enough so i got rid of the plant any ideas or comments on drinking? becasue i really hate the look of it now

Attachments

• cage2.jpg
    cage2.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 676
Get rid of the waterfall and put a dripper ontop of the cage. Chams won't usually drink from a waterfall but they do like to poop in them. Waterfalls are a good place to breed bacteria so you could have potential problems. The video is an example of how chams drink. You can make a dripper by poking a tiny hole in the bottom of a plastic cup and have it drip onto a leaf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48VvvoyVNHM

cool thanks i was just thinking water fall incase i leave for a day she has water and i didnt want to do the dripper because i assume it will just floor the cage but i guess as long as i make it drip over the middle of the plant i should be cool because the water will go into the soil

imag0127s.jpg

what we have going on for now. it is two cages side by side, my ghetto rig :p it is 63" long.

can't wait for black friday, so I can make his setup look PRETTY!

Here's my outside cage...
I have a rain system on a home depot timer...
and for light I use a full spectrum EL-SOL 1,000,000k light made by mother nature!!!!!

Attachments

• P1120001.jpg
    P1120001.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 1,024
and for light I use a full spectrum EL-SOL 1,000,000k light made by mother nature!!!!!

Wow when die I hope I can come back and be one of your Chameleons!

Very nice size!
But why don´t you have more plants and branches in so your cham can actually use all this space in there?

Very nice size!
But why don´t you have more plants and branches in so your cham can actually use all this space in there?

That was an older pic...That tree has doubled...but you are right there isn't a lot of branches, because the tree has made up for that now..I house Oustalets in it and they seem to prefer to hang out on the open areas of the cage to warm up then later on in the day they retreat to the inner branches of the tree...

Here's a pic of my old open air vivarium that once housed a harem of quadricornis. It was actually my old 240 gallon rimless acrylic reef aquarium (4'x4'x2') that I converted. Video of the old reef can be seen here:

I mounted the floating light canopy housing two 48" dual flourescent fixtures, two 70 watt halides, and 6 fine mist spray nozzle manifold. Forgive the long white extension cord. That was temporary. It was hidden through the wall after this pic was taken. There is a substrate drainage system underneath that collected all the excess water and delivered it to the sink drain located behind the adjacent wall.
All plants are real. Flowers are fake (but love the splash of color!)
I hope to create a new vivarium/open air enclosure similar to this one again someday when I find me a pair of young Parsoni! Until then, I'll just dream and plan! :)
DSC00013Medium-2.jpg

DSC00017Medium.jpg

Here's a pic of my old open air vivarium that once housed a harem of quadricornis. It was actually my old 240 gallon rimless acrylic reef aquarium (4'x4'x2') that I converted. Video of the old reef can be seen here:

I mounted the floating light canopy housing two 48" dual flourescent fixtures, two 70 watt halides, and 6 fine mist spray nozzle manifold. Forgive the long white extension cord. That was temporary. It was hidden through the wall after this pic was taken. There is a substrate drainage system underneath that collected all the excess water and delivered it to the sink drain located behind the adjacent wall.
All plants are real. Flowers are fake (but love the splash of color!)
I hope to create a new vivarium/open air enclosure similar to this one again someday when I find me a pair of young Parsoni! Until then, I'll just dream and plan! :)
DSC00013Medium-2.jpg

DSC00017Medium.jpg

That looks absoulutely amazing! Love how you have used the old fish tank!

My setup is almost complete!!!

My new setup 24x24x48 For more pictures visit my Facebook!!! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100442999836804.2626210.23316497&type=1&l=99b035103f

Started with a 2x4 piece of plywood and drilled some holes and added some places for plants to be held. Drilled some holes for 2 branches to be screwed in. Soon after that I added some of that insulation foam from the can and spread that across ( make sure you wear gloves, stuff wont come off for days!) Painted it all with acrylic paint. Added plants! Added a few branches with many zip ties to hold them in place. Ubv 5.0 on top along with a backing light 50w I think. And a fish tank florescent lamp for more light. Also have a monsoon mister to go off every 4 hours for 12 seconds and a fogger that is on its own timer to go off every few hours for 20 minutes. The bottom of the cage has a piece of plexi glass with many 3/4 inch holes for water drainage. A piece of screen is also on top of the plexi glass, since a chameleon already fell through the holes once at an early age!!! :( Below the plexi glass and screen is a plastic tub to collect water for proper water drainage. Dripper is a temp, I have a milk jug being repaired. The silicone glue is drying as I am typing right now!

Suggestions comments!!! about $500 later I finally have my setup complete! I take pride in my work! Chameleon is a female veiled chameleon around...6 or 7 months old now? Not so sure on the age. I wish I had a male, now I have to worry about a place to lay eggs when the time comes.

Old chameleon cage ( 16x16x20 ) is now a cricket open air cage!! And they love it, but gosh there noisy! I have yet to master breeding crickets yet! HELP HELP!

Thanks for reading! I am noobie so please don't be afraid to criticize me!

A10_2840.jpg

A10_2844.jpg

A10_2845.jpg

A10_2846.jpg

A10_2847.jpg

A10_2849.jpg

A10_2608.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom