***The Official Enclosure Picture Thread***

aeeb86b2-6d02-31ca.jpg

LOL @ MFWIC. That's excellent, and so is this thread.

Thanks for all the ideas ladies & gentlemen!

This is my set up. Putting the container with food high up seems to solve my feeding troubles. Sorry for the sideways pics

Attachments

• DSCF0862.jpg
    DSCF0862.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 456
  • DSCF0871.jpg
    DSCF0871.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 417
  • DSCF0873.jpg
    DSCF0873.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 409
I went for a more "minimalistic" look for this set of cages, thinking that the pothos will take over in no time. They have grown quite a bit since I took these photos last month, and I have since added more branches (I have to find them, so I add more as I spot ones I like) so it looks a tiny bit fuller but the feel remains the same.

img8024u.jpg

img8021y.jpg

img8011p.jpg

img8012pd.jpg

img8018y.jpg

img8016d.jpg

is that freerange really partially on top of a microwave. waht happen when he crwals in when you turn around for a second and end up making make some chamelo-mac n' cheese?

Here are some empty shots of the terarrium i built. The unit itself is 7' tall 3'5 wide and 2'6 deep. The terrarium itself is 3'x2'x4', it has a tiled floor with a drain and a custom back peice with matching stump that hides the pot of a potted plant. The terraium is 99% hardwood its mostly poplar with mahohany panels and walnut trim. The door is made of canary wood "really cool grain". Its a one off i made in my spare time "i spent about four months building it all". I did a lot of research and came up with this design, it is also equipped with a mist king. The front door is on magnets so it just pulls right off, "figured it would have been a pain to swing the big 3'x4' door. the lighting compartment also has a door, that front panel lifts right up. I will put up some decorated pics shortly.
Jarred

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

Some set up shots. I'm really happy with how it turned out it was made for my adult male panther, now i just need to get one lol. There are a few things that i would do differently if i built another one, got a few good ideas that a guy never thinks about till after. This was a bit of a pain to build, i'm a carpenter but i dont have a shop or a few of the tools like a jointer or a planer, had to do it by hand which means its the hardway "lol" Thanks for reading
Thanks
Jarred

ps its not that dark with door on "lol"

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

I went for a more "minimalistic" look for this set of cages, thinking that the pothos will take over in no time. They have grown quite a bit since I took these photos last month, and I have since added more branches (I have to find them, so I add more as I spot ones I like) so it looks a tiny bit fuller but the feel remains the same.

img8016d.jpg

So how do you keep the branches from slipping?

Need to put in the coconut mat over the false bottom still.

Attachments

• cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 583
Jarred -I love your set up! I love the tiled floor- Did you make the back "rock walls" and other rock features? Are your plants real and/or are those vines fake ? I wish you lived in the USA and in my town so we could meet up and you could show me in person. I just looked thru all 22pages of the thread because I am going to build myself a cage as I want to get a Panther soon. I am new to this site and new to Chameleons but have always wanted one- for many many years. Is there anyone near me (Toledo,OHio) who would like to meet up sometime and talk Chameleons & show off cages? Maybe share some building plans or ideas -basically to talk shop? I have plenty of wood and tools -I think- just need some screen- or window screen frames?! Not sure exactly which build materials yet though. I really like yours though Jarred- maybe the best! ANy new Chameleon lover friends would be appreciated! I just moved to Toledo. Thanks

img8024u.jpg

img8021y.jpg

img8011p.jpg

img8012pd.jpg

img8018y.jpg

img8016d.jpg
I love ur set up...what kind of plants are those red one?

I love ur set up...what kind of plants are those red one?

Thanks! Yes, bromeliads. I've had to remove a few because I mist A LOT and they were getting too much water between their leaves for extended periods of time, so I had a few leaves rot off. So I have some outside drying out and recuperating before I consider putting them back in. But I think that for a set-up that mists more moderately (like 1-3 minute mists a few times a day) they should be more than fine.

Back
Top Bottom