The worst case of MBD I have ever seen (video)

Quick update

So it has been 2 weeks since we took little miss thing in, she is continuing to pig out, is able to move around much better and has put on a gram :) (14g now). She is still getting calcium glubionate and tramadol daily and as much natural sun as the weather permits. She will go in next week for a recheck appointment at the vet but I think things are going well!

Getting mad at the camera (mid-color change)
web.jpg

gpmo (her)

Its really amazing how some animals and people just have a greater will to live. While others wil just give up. Great work and good luck in the future with her...

very nice to see. I knew someone that owned chameleons many many many years ago I am talking 17yrs ago. they gave me one that was in that condition maybe worse. it was horrible I had no clue what I was doing. vet bills racked up on me quick. needless to say 1 yr after I got him and had grown very very very attached to him he died. it was soooo upsetting. :mad:

thank god when my wife bought our sweet girl she rushed right out and bought her everything she needed. with in an hr of having our new baby. she had everything she needed. :)

I am disabled and my wife always double checks to make sure I have everything I need to care for any animal.

Thanks for the update, I was actually thinking of bumping this thread and asking how she is doing. Let us know how she progresses. It's good to see that you are taking such good care of her.

another update

All is well here! She started her first shed with us today and is getting around much better. She is still eating very well and is trying to climb things. She will get x-rays done in about a month to monitor her bone density and check the healing in her fractures.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words! I think we are out of the woods and have a shot at a healthy (if oddly shaped) life.

gpmo(her)

Thank you for putting the time and effort into saving this beautiful animal. We need more people like you who care in this sometime depressing world. ;)

WOW! I applaud your efforts and positive result with that chameleon. The condition you got her in and the results you've achieved in 2 months is just amazing.

You tow are wonderful! The job you have done with her is nothing short of amazing. Having you sent Rhino to me added so much to both of us.:)

I've been following this thread and i must say this is a very inspiring story. Its good to know that there are people who care about poor creatures like this.

Keep up the great work!!!

By the way, Have you named her yet?

~~1.0 Veiled Chameleon

Good job! I just read the thread from the begining. I am setting here crying like a baby. That poor little girl has been through so much! I glad she had someone like you!

As requested :)

We usually don't name our rescues/fosters because we don't want to get too attached but we will be keeping this little lady so we named her Aeowyn (we have a celtic theme in the chams).

Here is quick vid of her climbing for the first time. She is getting around pretty well so we plan to upgrade her hospital enclosure to something with some vertical space today(and lots of padding in case she falls) so she can continue to build muscle and bone strength.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5EAgj9kRVI

gpmo (her)

Absolutely Horrible! :(

Glad its doing much better..!

As bad as the video is... its a VERY good way to see how malnutrition can hurt your little buddy... and it shows a good way to tell if there are problems starting to occur...

It's time for the weekly update :)

Hi all,

Little miss thing is doing great! She has been in the upgraded rehab enclosure with vertical space to climb for a week. She hasn't fallen once and is now hunting in the enclosure on her own rather than feeding in a tupperware. She isn't gaining any weight but she is still eating wonderfully and I think she may be growing :) She can stand on just her back legs now and is exhibiting "karate cham" poses when she is mad. Here is a vid of her right after her daily calcium. We will keep updating :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a60i_K09ptE

gpmo(her)

Back
Top Bottom