Thinking about.....

He's adorable. That cage size should be fine. He'll just go up and down more often. Cooler is better than too hot. I would consider 85 the highest basking temp you need. He'll be happy with something more like 80.

Let it cool down at night. Unless you let your house get icy (so you have to wrap up to go to the bathroom at night) the regular house temperatures should be fine.

He looks pretty good to me in the picture. He's maybe a tad dark, but given how photos work, that might not be accurate. His eyes look good. Some Fischers are brown by nature.

yeah thats good. fischers are a total opposite of veileds they don't act aggresive at all or mine doesn't and he walks right up on my hand when i go to take the little guy out of his cage. if you can see this is the coloring of a happy fischer!!!

I actually think that animal looks somewhat stressed. Anytime they get really contrasty like that, it's not a good sign in my opinion. He's not "going diamond" or anything like that, but to me he looks like he's displaying.

Fischers are--from what I know--relatively subtle in their markings.

Look at Chris Anderson's pictures, which Jack linked to.

4511455101_2a853aeac1_o.jpg

That's a happy Fischers.

I love the Fishers pointy noise. It reminds me of unicorns XD XD random right? lol

No, the cool "nose" is one of the things that makes them so attractive. It's not random at all. Just like the Jacksons' appeal to people because they seem like dinosaurs, the "unicorn" look of the Fischers' is part of their appeal.

Back
Top Bottom