This could not happen - but it did

laurie

Retired Moderator
So my roommate finished a fantastic quilt and took it to her friend here in town. They open the quilt and lay it on the bed, and a 5" long stick bug casually walks across the quilt.

My friend was calm and ask if there was a container she could put my bug in as she knew I would want it back.

That will be all over the town of Havre within 2 days. And everyone here already thinks I am weird because of my chams. Now it will be me and the bugs. At least it wasn't a dubia.:)

Only us chameleon people understand and probably get a real laugh out of it. I thought it was funny that you listed this thread under "Chameleon Food" lol I mean I know it is technically chameleon food but it just struck me as funny!! And yes, thank god it was not a Dubia! :eek:

Too funny! I remember my first job out of college and I had a pair of mousebirds in a temporary screen cage in my office. My boss came over to show me how to do some paperwork and one of those mousebirds squirted (they eat an all fruit diet) through the screen on to the table it was on....My boss was fairly speechless-which wasn't his nature.

Oh well, I knew theyd figure out I was different that way eventually, just didnt know its happen so quick...and definitively!

I put them in a better suited more squirt proof cage the next day but the start of my reputation had already begun:rolleyes:

My UPS shipping person kept one for me that a customer said was in her hair.:D

My USPS regular mail route driver is a fun lady about 35 years old. On my second delivery of hornworms, she handed me the box, and I noticed one crawling up her…front. Not wanting to pick it off, I told her one was on her blouse, and she screamed, jumped up and down, and effectively shook it to the ground. I think she still likes me?:D

Nick

Laurie - I was impressed by your training of the stick bugs to stay on the ficus, but now I see it was their diversion to escape to the big city :D

Laurie - I was impressed by your training of the stick bugs to stay on the ficus, but now I see it was their diversion to escape to the big city :D

I bet you are right. Ungrateful little things. If I knew which one did that I would go get him and feed him to Annie.

Hey now, why are people always so quick to blame the bugs? I'd keep an eye on that roommate of yours...

I bet she is just trying to get a thought in your head to doubt your abilities to train the sticks. Then after many weeks of consideration, she will gladly "offer" to feed them off for you (knowing how attached you are). Months later she will have the most successful act since the flea circus!!! :eek:

I don't trust ANYONE just for reasons such as this. :mad:

I just don't get people.

Back
Top Bottom