Thoughts on my set up

nosymitsio

Guys I've started to mod my viv to transfer my panther to. I just need to put the mesh in at the roof and at the bottom section tell me what you think and when and how should I make the transfer he's 5 and a half months here's some pictures?
cdf417c9.jpg

b5a6b477.jpg

08f7ab15.jpg

Nice sized cage! What are the dimensions?

I would just recommend a few more plants, especially so he gets more plant cover up towards the top and a few more vines/branches. The transition really shouldn't be very difficult, just transfer him into the new cage when it's done and let him settle in. He might not eat for a couple days, but for my guys that has never been the case.

I would just recommend a few more plants, especially so he gets more plant cover up towards the top and a few more vines/branches. The transition really shouldn't be very difficult, just transfer him into the new cage when it's done and let him settle in. He might not eat for a couple days, but for my guys that has never been the case.

It's 4f high 3ft.wide and foot deep yeah I've ordered two more vines and I'm kinda stuck what to do at the top tho?

I use a piece of wood (1x2 oak from home depot would work) to span the screen top sided to side or front to back and put a screw eye in a pre-drilled hole through the screen top. Then I can hang whatever I want from the top. Pothos work really well and will vine out nicely to give plenty of vertical and horizontal pathways.

I use a piece of wood (1x2 oak from home depot would work) to span the screen top sided to side or front to back and put a screw eye in a pre-drilled hole through the screen top. Then I can hang whatever I want from the top. Pothos work really well and will vine out nicely to give plenty of vertical and horizontal pathways.

That's a great idea I was going to use a jig saw to cut two large holes and leave a centre so I could do that! Do you just hang the pothos in a basket I take it?

Yeah, usually in the pot they came in after replacing a portion of the soil on top and putting some river stones over the dirt. I just posted my babies cage in another thread on here that shows a bunch of hanging plants. Might be worth a look. I used 3/4 PVC pipe for that cage to suport the plants. I have also drilled 3 holes in a plastic pot and used some small chain to hang the plant.

Back
Top Bottom