Tiny balls growing on Veiled Chameleon's skin

ragidi

Hello all.
Just now as I was feeding my chameleon Axel, I noticed small balls of skin on him. I've attached images.
I was handling him when I noticed. Is it an infection?

20200218_180907.jpg

20200218_180918.jpg

You will need a vet visit, it will not clear up on its own. It is a skin infection.

And your cham is underfed.

Please fill out the form and we might be able to prevent this in the future.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/
I will take him to the vet asap.
Here is his info.

Chameleon Info:
  • My Chameleon - Axel is a male, 10-11 month old veiled chameleon.
  • Handling - Not alot. Maybe once a week?
  • Feeding - I'm currently feeding him mealworms while I find someone/someplace that sells other varieties.
  • Supplements - I got powder-y calcium from the breeder I got Axel from.
  • Watering - I spray the area surrounding Axel around 6-8 sprays with a spraying bottle 3 times daily. I have seen Axel drinking.
  • Fecal Description - Yellow lump with something white attached to it.
  • History - The breeder told me he got his chameleons from a supplier. I don't know how exactly is the supplier getting the chameleons.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - The cage is a Zoo Med Reptibreeze Open Air Screen Cage. The dimensions are 24x24x48 inches.
  • Lighting - I'm using Fuxin Daylight Spot as a daytime heat source. I also use Nomoy Pet Lamp (13W UVB 10) during the day. At night, I use a Sera Reptil heating bulb. In the daytime, I use the first two bulbs. At nighttime, I use the last bulb.
  • Temperature - I haven't set up the temperature reader yet, but the room the cage is in can reach 22-23 degrees celcius at night and around 30-34 degrees celcius during the day.
  • Humidity - I haven't set up the humidity reader yet, but during the day the air conditioner is off so it gets a bit humid in the room.
  • Plants - I have a single ficus tree for now. I added some branches yesterday.
  • Placement - The cage is below -and a few inches to the right of- the air conditioner.
  • Location - Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Oh my goodness...

Your chameleon is sick, dehydrated, and emaciated. He needs a vet, like, NOW.

This did not happen overnight. He has been looking like this for a while.

Chameleon Info:
  • My Chameleon - Axel is a male, 10-11 month old veiled chameleon.
  • Handling - Not alot. Maybe once a week?
  • Feeding - I'm currently feeding him mealworms while I find someone/someplace that sells other varieties. please dont feed mealworms they can cause impaction, feed crickets and roaches, they are easy to get.
  • Supplements - I got powder-y calcium from the breeder I got Axel from. the supplement schedule should be calcium no d3 everyday, calcium d3 twice a month and multivitamin twice a month.
  • Watering - I spray the area surrounding Axel around 6-8 sprays with a spraying bottle 3 times daily. I have seen Axel drinking.
  • Fecal Description - Yellow lump with something white attached to it. should be misted 2-3 times a day for 2-5 mins.
  • History - The breeder told me he got his chameleons from a supplier. I don't know how exactly is the supplier getting the chameleons.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - The cage is a Zoo Med Reptibreeze Open Air Screen Cage. The dimensions are 24x24x48 inches.
  • Lighting - I'm using Fuxin Daylight Spot as a daytime heat source. I also use Nomoy Pet Lamp (13W UVB 10) during the day. At night, I use a Sera Reptil heating bulb. In the daytime, I use the first two bulbs. At nighttime, I use the last bulb. you need a linear uvb. dont use a lamp at night.
  • Temperature - I haven't set up the temperature reader yet, but the room the cage is in can reach 22-23 degrees celcius at night and around 30-34 degrees celcius during the day. should only get up to 32 c
  • Humidity - I haven't set up the humidity reader yet, but during the day the air conditioner is off so it gets a bit humid in the room.
  • Plants - I have a single ficus tree for now. I added some branches yesterday.
  • Placement - The cage is below -and a few inches to the right of- the air conditioner.
  • Location - Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
please see my annotations in red

Back
Top Bottom