Tips to get my humidity higher?

chloe_bongo

Any tips on getting humidity higher?
Hi, I am hopefully getting a panther chameleon on Saturday and everything about the enclosure is perfect apart from the humidity. It’s a bit low, I have a dripper which drips every day from 16:00-20:00 and I mist in the mornings afternoons and evenings and for about an hour after each mist the humidity is at about 60-80% but then drops to about 50% but I’m not really sure how much it should be. Any help would be really appreciated thank you 😀🦎

Hi. What type of enclosure do you have. If screen, you can wrap the back and sides with something like a shower curtain. Having all live plants will also help immensely to maintain humidity. 50% humidity is fine for a panther though.

50% daytime is perfect. You will get a spike after and during the day that spike needs to drop back down. At night if your needing higher humidity you have to have the colder temps to go with it or they can develop a respiratory infection. If you can achieve lows below 67 at night then you can modify the cage if screen and add a cool mist fogger to the cage to increase night time levels.

Hi. What type of enclosure do you have. If screen, you can wrap the back and sides with something like a shower curtain. Having all live plants will also help immensely to maintain humidity. 50% humidity is fine for a panther though.
I have a glass enclosure so I would expect the humidity to be better but I’m not sure anymore. What is the ideal percentage of humidity day and night?

For panthers the ideal range during the day is between 50-70%. I have panthers and veileds (who have lower humidity needs) in the same small room and with the same husbandry - on the same misting system. Their humidity stays in the high 40’s to low 50’s and all are just fine.

Back
Top Bottom