too skinny?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon – Species? Ambanja Panther, sex? Female, age? 10 months. how long have you had her? 6 months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? everyday
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Crickets. What amount? As many as she eats. We were giving her ¾ inch but even tho she can eat them she refuses to eat anything bigger than ½ inch What is the schedule? Everyday. How are you gut-loading your feeders? Different ways. Celery, apple, mint, lettuce, carrot, greens.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with? Repti-cal. and what is the schedule? Depends on what we gutloaded with.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? Fogger on low and a mister. How often and how long to you mist? Once every 45 min for 30 sec. it sprays approx. half of cage so there is alwaya a dry half. Do you see your chameleon drinking? Not lately but shes not dehydrated. Her urates are white
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Average I would say
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Not to my knowledge
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info: 4ftx2ftx2ft
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) screen
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Ummmm. My fiancé set that up so I will ask when hes home from work but he set it up exactly how 99% of cham websites said to…
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? We have a duel temp/humidity gage and the rest is same as above question
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Above… fogger and mister
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I know this one. We have a few small pothos and an umbrella tree. A few fake vines as well
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Top of cage is about 6’8” from floor. Its in our chameleon room which we go in every day. Not near vents or fans but well circulated
Location - Where are you geographically located? Pennsylvania

Current Problem – she stopped growing. She still sheds. She just hasn’t gotten any bigger in about 2 months

wow shes tiny for ten months

ditto
there may be a problem

I will be interested to hear the temp info

daily handling may be stressing her out

Do you only feed her crickets? A variety of prey may stimulate her appetite

Please describe the fecal - colour, does it smell, etc

ditto
there may be a problem

I will be interested to hear the temp info

daily handling may be stressing her out

Do you only feed her crickets? A variety of prey may stimulate her appetite

Please describe the fecal - colour, does it smell, etc

will do. and she wont eat anything else except for a fly here or there shes so picky and will go days without eating if you dont give her what she wants

I would recommend a vet check up with a good chameleon vet and definitely a fecal. She might have parasites. Small silkworms and hornworms usually put weight on these guys if they are healthy and parasite free.

I would recommend a vet check up with a good chameleon vet and definitely a fecal. She might have parasites. Small silkworms and hornworms usually put weight on these guys if they are healthy and parasite free.
agreed
small butterworms may also be helpful
or moths

your righ Jannb. defenitely a check up. like everyone is saying, she is skinny fo9r her being at 10 months of age. hope all is well :)

Back
Top Bottom