Trying Day for Orville

MechHerp610

I feel like a lousy Chameleon owner right now. there was an issue with the misting system that i have which i corrected but for his safety i had to get him out of the enclosure. Needless to say h was not happy about it. but once i got him on his plant outside the cage he brightened right up. the misting system time went and water was everywhere in his enclosure. right now he seems ok. I fixed the timer and all is normal. but he is angry with me. he took a phenix worm from my wife but walk away from me. I just hope he comes around again. thanks for listening.

Starting To Come Around

Thanks to all who listened and he is starting to come around. he took a pheniox worm from my hand yesterday and also took his crickets from my hand as well. He is very nervous and i will continue to offer the worms and my hand everyday until i earn his trust. I did it with my other Chameleons and i am confident that I can do it with Orville too.

Big Step for him today

Orville's enclosure is in my Study/Office. My wife and i leave his enclosure door open as long as we are home and not sleeping, once i was done with what i was doing, i noticed he was staring at me from his basking spot. I got up slowly and extended my hand very gently and he came to me for a few minutes. Thank you all for the taming advice and i will keep at it, a big step for less than a week of being in my care. Thank you all again.

Back
Top Bottom