Trying to find a supplement with no D3 but with A. I may have found it. Pics

AdamBrown

305e3299ad82346868153963cba8789a_zps1bca0a69.jpg

fc8a5fec2c4e7c07325f68bae5b7a8f5_zpsbb8d2f5e.jpg

The Replashy definitly has D3 supplement. But the herptivite I was told doesn't. However, it says it contains some vitamin D's. I only want to give Peaches D3 every 6 weeks and vitamin A once a week. Am I safe with what I'm using now? Much thanks.

It won't let me delete this post but I now know it contains no D3. I confused B with it. Doh

Oh, and what's the point of super-worms? Do they have more protein than crickets or something?

Lol, just

What you need is a calcium supplement that has no Vitamin D3. Neither of the two you currently have (IMHO) would be given daily. Whereas a calcium-no D3 (Depending on the food you're offering) could/should be given daily.

It may be an item that you have to purchase online if you can't find it locally. But it's inexpensive and readily available from many of the sponsors of this forum and elsewhere. Just do quick search on it and you should have no trouble finding it.

Superworms are given to add variety to the diet of the chameleon. Which is a good thing, however they should be given in moderation, as sometimes chameleons can become "addicted" and only want superworms (Which is not a good thing). A varied diet of many different types of food (crickets, supers, silkworms, dubia roaches, hornworms, etc.), properly gutloaded (fed with greens, fruits, etc. prior to feeding your cham) is what you want for a healthy diet.

See the care section of the forum for lots of details (in my signature below). Also, check out these tw blog posts:

Feeders - by Sandrachameeon
Feeder Nutrition - by Sandrachameleon

Enjoy!

@AdamBrown - the herptivite doesnt have pre-formed vitamin A, but rather pro-formed (carotene). Its a great product, but you if you wanted true pre-formed vitamin A this is not the product you want.

If you're looking for a Vitamin A supplement (though Im not sure why you would be) you might consider:
Repashy Vitamin A plus Guaranteed Analysis: Vitamin A (as Retinyl Acetate) 2,000,000 IU/lb. INGREDIENTS: Calcium Carbonate, Fructose Powder, Cellulose Powder (as carriers), Chlorella Algae, Spirulina Algae, Calcium Propionate, Retinyl Acetate, Rosemary and Mixed Tocopherols

you can compare what's in the more common supplements here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/174-whats-supplements-brand.html

curious - why do you want something with vitamin A but not D?

Last edited:
@AdamBrown - the herptivite doesnt have pre-formed vitamin A, but rather pro-formed (carotene). Its a great product, but you if you wanted true pre-formed vitamin A this is not the product you want.

If you're looking for a Vitamin A supplement (though Im not sure why you would be) you might consider:
Repashy Vitamin A plus Guaranteed Analysis: Vitamin A (as Retinyl Acetate) 2,000,000 IU/lb. INGREDIENTS: Calcium Carbonate, Fructose Powder, Cellulose Powder (as carriers), Chlorella Algae, Spirulina Algae, Calcium Propionate, Retinyl Acetate, Rosemary and Mixed Tocopherols

you can compare what's in the more common supplements here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/174-whats-supplements-brand.html

curious - why do you want something with vitamin A but not D?

The wasp thing was just a joke. Hehe

I have a young Jackson's and I've been reading a heck a lot about them and watching videos. I know it doesn't it vitamin A but that similar substance or whatever that is converted to A.

So from what I've read this is how I'm going to supplement my Jackson's diet. Calcium no D3 2 to 3 times a week. Vitamin supplement with some sort of A once a week. And vitamin supplement with D3 once every 6 weeks.

What I would do is:

Vitamin free and phosphorous free Calcium 3 times a week (depending on how often you feed and the prey type - butterworms, terrestrial isopods, snails and similar never calcium supplement). Probably use Sticky Tongue Farms brand called Mineral-Outdoor.

Multivitamin (including D3) two - four times a month, depending on how you gutload and type of prey. Something like Repashy Calcium Plus would be good.

Back
Top Bottom