Unhealthy male veiled?

Pascalperfect

My Male veiled Pascal has an appointment to see the vet in a few days, for an abscess on his head. He is almsot 10 months old and im afraid isnt growing as fast as he should be!
He is about 11 inches in length including his tail, and im afraid he is under weight, he refuses to eat large crickets and eats about 20-25 small ones daily.

Am I correct that he is growing to slowly?

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the glass blocks the Uvb

His uvb lamp is about directly above where he usually sits, me and my sister are the ones who mainly take care of him and we are afraid to bring him outside because there are crazy creatures in florida who would appreciate his small size being a perfect snack.

living in florida you need to take advantage of our weather and sunshine. He will be fine outside as long as you sit there and watch him. just don't leave him unattended. He will benefit greatly from the natural uvb. It is one of the best, if not the best things ou can do for him. As far as his size he looks fine to me.

You posted 2 threads about him, you should stick to one so you don't confuse people. I posted in the other one info about your cham's health problem.

well i would definitely get it checked immediately like u r because it could cause death. unfortunately my veiled chameleon, a yr and a half, died this morning at a vet because he got very weak because of his abscess which was where it is on your chameleon and wouldn't eat or drink. :(

hey i have well had a male veiled chameleon the age of 1 and a 1/2 and died this morning at a vet just because of an abcsess on his head like yours. he stopped eating and drinking and got really weak. i thought it was nothing but i really regrettited it.

Back
Top Bottom