Urgent! Cat got to Chameleon

While cats can be amazing at jumping high, it will help safeguard your other chameleon to make sure that his enclosure is high off of the floor - I have the tops of mine about 7-8’ high. Try not to have anything nearby that can be jumped from and if need be, you could reinforce the screen top by attaching securely with screws, a piece of hardware cloth. Additionally, having lots of plant cover inside the enclosure will help prevent the cat from seeing the chameleon a little.

While cats can be amazing at jumping high, it will help safeguard your other chameleon to make sure that his enclosure is high off of the floor - I have the tops of mine about 7-8’ high. Try not to have anything nearby that can be jumped from and if need be, you could reinforce the screen top by attaching securely with screws, a piece of hardware cloth. Additionally, having lots of plant cover inside the enclosure will help prevent the cat from seeing the chameleon a little.
I will be using your reinforcement recommendation, genius idea! His cage is secluded in a corner of my room, made sure there was absolutely nothing my cat could use to jump up if he manages to barge in unsupervised again. I did add a tad more of the plant decor in my girl's cage to his though (after sanitizing), and I have a dark colored flag above his cage that blocks just the very top of the cage, seems to add a bit more camo for the little guy as the cat has not even shown interest in his cage since adding (cham. doesn't seem to be stressed out or bothered by it, no visual/habit changes). I will be getting a taller table for his cage to be placed on though, not going to risk any chances from now on.

Back
Top Bottom