URGENT PLEASE HELP! POSSIBLE MOUTH ROT?

That's A better view. Unfortunately he is going to need internal antibiotics from a vet. I think anesthesia is extreme at this point but miss Skittles was thinking it may be a abcess. I don't think its that type of infection but whatever it is its spreading. I personally have not had a Cham with mouth rot so I have no experience with it. Its not just on his lip, its on his chin as well. I am not sure what the yellowish bump is at the rear of his lips either. Btw he is stunning! Look up mouth rot on this site and see what other Cham owners have dealt with. where exactly in Hawaii are you? Which island and town? Also I use Bauch and Lomb saline solution for sensitive eyes when I flush anything. Even the eyes. Then use a qtip and gently try to get the dried blood off then use a dry stop to dry it off before putting the topical ointment on. The Neosporin without pain relief additive is a light weight topical use small amount incase he digests some. The bigger issue is to seal it so you stop the spread and keep bacteria out. I do not think this is an infection from an injury. Am thinking fungus, virus, bacteria infection. did you try to find a reptile rescue or try bird rescues too. Keep calling someone may point you in the right direction to get help you can afford. The universe brought that sweet boy to you so tell the universe to help you find help.
Thanks for the help here. The blood on his chin is not a cut or infection, its just dried blood from watering (when he drinks water). I didn't want to rub it off because I was afraid to hurt him. I have called 6-7 vets, only two of which would see him. The other vets that would not see him, recommended the two places that would take him (kind of confusing but pretty much out of options). I do see that yellowish build up as well. I have looked up rescues and it seems like they only take endangered or indigenous animals. I have looked up mouth rot, and it doesn't really match the symptoms... even the pictures of mouth rot look different. Is there something that I could feed him through a syringe to fight infection that I can get over the counter? Its evident that whatever is going on is happening on the inside of his mouth so I can't apply any sort of topical cleaner/medication.

Are you able to get silkworms there? They are wonderful staple feeders and nice and soft.
It will be hard. Ive called all the local pet stores and feed stores. They all don’t carry lice silk worms. But I know there has to be a breeder or something on island because my dad used to feed his chams silk worms. Good idea I will look into that further.

It will be hard. Ive called all the local pet stores and feed stores. They all don’t carry lice silk worms. But I know there has to be a breeder or something on island because my dad used to feed his chams silk worms. Good idea I will look into that further.
I don’t know if you can get silkworm eggs sent to you, and then you can hatch and even breed your own. It’s a bit of a challenge but not too terrible.

@MzLaurie said…”I think anesthesia is extreme at this point ”…it would be needed so that the area could be cleaned out so the chameleon wouldn’t feel the pain of it being cleaned out if it’s an infection.

Back
Top Bottom