UVB/heat light

I have a 6 1/2 month old Chameleon and I was wondering, what lighting should I give him each day and each night? I normally keep the white UVB light on all day starting at 6 along with the heat one. I turn the heat one off at about 8 and keep the UVB on. I then turn them both on at 6 again but at night and then turn both of them off 9. Should I leave one in or both? Or what should I do?

I have my light come on at around 9:00am, off at 9:00pm. I don't have any lights at night, and I leave both my UVB, and heat light on all day. Sometimes in the winter they will go to sleep around 8:00pm because it gets dark earlier then. This is what works for me in my area, and climate. I hope this was of some help.

I have my light come on at around 9:00am, off at 9:00pm. I don't have any lights at night, and I leave both my UVB, and heat light on all day. Sometimes in the winter they will go to sleep around 8:00pm because it gets dark earlier then. This is what works for me in my area, and climate. I hope this was of some help.
Yes, I live in Kamas, Utah and it cold in the winter (for him at least) (winter - (60- -20) is the coldest and hottest) it will get .

20 is a little cold they can tolerate fairly cold temps, but when it drops down to 20 if it were me I would use a heat admitting ceramic heater. that way still no light to disturb him. I would try to keep it up to about 50 degrease at night doesn't need to be much higher they benefit from a cool down at night anyways.

Yes, I live in Kamas, Utah and it cold in the winter (for him at least) (winter - (60- -20) is the coldest and hottest) it will get .
The temps that matter most are the INDOOR temps, not outdoors (assuming you are keeping indoors). Chams benefit from a temp drop of about 10 degrees from day to night. If the room you will have the cage in won't get colder than 55 F at night you don't need any cage heat. An occasional cooler night won't hurt them if they can bask to warm up again the next morning.

The temps that matter most are the INDOOR temps, not outdoors (assuming you are keeping indoors). Chams benefit from a temp drop of about 10 degrees from day to night. If the room you will have the cage in won't get colder than 55 F at night you don't need any cage heat. An occasional cooler night won't hurt them if they can bask to warm up again the next morning.
Yes I agree with @Carlton. I thought you were talking about the temps you were keeping your cham in. Sorry about the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom