UVB lighting

hummer121

Just wondering what your thoughts about preference on UVB lighting would be with both pros and cons of Zoo Med Reptisun 5.0 lamps versus Exo Terra ReptiGlo 5.0 lamps. Does one last longer? Does one provide better UVB? Thanks.

Most prefer the Reptisun 5.0 as there have been no ill-effects related to it (to my knowledge), but the reptiglo works just as well.

i use both and have not seen any difference and i have checked them with the solarmeter 6.2 ( thx Laurie )

I use a Repti-Glo with no problems, I do replace the bulbs every 6 months though. I believe that Repti-Suns last longer, about 8 months...but you can only know by measuring the UV output.

The reptisun CFLs were the ones causing all the eye problems in the past. The issue has been corrected but old bulbs can still pop up. The reptiglo CFLs were not ever associated with problems. I believe both brands in linear form are just about the same aside from cost. I've heard reptisun can last longer but I don't trust not knowing without a UVB meter so change my bulbs every 6 months regardless.

Thanks all. I am currently using the Exo Terra lamps, but was just wondering if there were any advantages to the Zoo Med. I guess either works...

Back
Top Bottom