Uvb

exodus5139

Right now i have no UVB on my tank. Do you think just a daylight bulb is ok or should I get a uvb bulb as well? Also, if I did get a UVb bulb is it ok to use the compact ones or are the tubes much better? I have the 12*12*18 exoterra, what do other people with this tank use for a source of uvb?

see my answer below

Right now i have no UVB on my tank. Do you think just a daylight bulb is ok or should I get a uvb bulb as well?

No, you should get a uvb light as well

Also, if I did get a UVb bulb is it ok to use the compact ones or are the tubes much better?

No, the tube is far more superior. The compact one has often proven to be detrimental to your chameleon's health.

I have the 12*12*18 exoterra, what do other people with this tank use for a source of uvb?

I use ReptiSUN 5.0 Linear tube and Nothing else

do they make any fixtures small enough to fit on top of the exoterra cage? Its only 12 inches across? and what size uvb tube do you use?

Wow, wow, wow, wow. Wait a minute. What species of chameleon are we talking about here?

Exodus; looking at your previous posts, I see that you have pygmies. Recommended light source for this situation is 1 zoomed repti-sun 2.0 fluorescent tube. You can get a 15" tube and fit it diagonally.

That's what I was thinking.

He's housing pygmy's in an exo terra so shouldn't it be a 2.0 NOT a 5.0?

Back
Top Bottom