Veil on a veiled chameleon going to get any bigger?

BClizzi

So i have a 8 month old female amd i see all these pictures of beautiful veild chams with beautiful veils. Lizzys is small and not very pretty. When will it get bigger or will it not? Thanks :)

20160918_163226.jpg

From what I understand most females have small veils. From what I understand they rarely get bigger than hers. Though I am not positive.

If she's friendly that's all that matters in my opinion. And she looks it. If you had gotten a male there was a higher likelihood to get an aggressive chameleon. Male veileds tend to be more aggressive, though that's not an absolute.

Edit: next time research which you want to get beforehand.

I'm not sure why you think she is not pretty. She looks sweet and I would say VERY pretty :). The girls don't have the same types of markings as males, but do get beautiful receptive and gravid colors from time to time. Their care is a bit more difficult but nothing too crazy. I know everyone likes all the colors, but the girls can have some of the best personalities!

I like the bigger veils better but i love her personality. Shes very beautiful right now from her receptive colors and she loves to be held. People say i hold her too much but if i dont hold her for a day or 2 she gets super stressed in her cage.

So i have a 8 month old female amd i see all these pictures of beautiful veild chams with beautiful veils. Lizzys is small and not very pretty. When will it get bigger or will it not? Thanks :)

View attachment 167320

I was hell bent on getting a male, and I knew what to look for, and I got a tiny female who's back feet looked like they had spurs, but were just white color.

I figured out my mistake, and could have returned her to PetSmart under their 14 day guarantee, but, she had the sweetest personality.

Your female is gorgeous! I've now got 2 males, and I find them almost as loveable -- the boys are miraculously perfect little gentleman, but, my female will cuddle and show affection. The boys don't show affection they ACCEPT effection.

I am afraid of the egg laying thing because I wouldn't want her to have complications, but, I now have a second female -- not on purpose, it was company error... but... I've fallen in love again, so if the company wanted to send me a male, I'd still keep her, just look how adorable she is...

Attachments

• 20160920_201412.jpg
    20160920_201412.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 104
You have some pretty girls. Thank you for the comment. I love lizzy and i would not trade her for anything. I just dont like the laying thing for the same reason.

Yes laying can be a bit nerve racking. Just make sure you prepare a lot before hand. Make sure the Temps are low at 84 the most, and you aren't feeding tons when you do feed, so hopefully their clutch can be smaller and they won't get as much taken out of them in the process. Always supplement your females well, I would even suggest a few days before and a few days after to give a few units maybe .2 cc of liquid calcium. It would help her gain the calcium she lost back quicker. Feed her anything she will eat afterwards and maybe before feed her a few good soft bodied worms like silkworms and hornworms. Always make sure your laying bin is large enough and deep enough. And preferably use a substrate at least mixed with sand. It makes the tunnels hold together easier.

I would get silkworms, the are available on the Internet through many of our sponsors. 5 gallon buckets are usually fine, sometimes if that doesn't work some people set up temporary lay bins when their cham Eleonora show signs using plastic garbage cans.

Silkworms aren't too expensive and I wouldn't get them until receptive colors disappear. I would buy smalls.

From the looks of the blues showing up on her I would say she is possibly receptive now. Next will come Gravid colors....followed by eggs eventually.

Back
Top Bottom