Veiled Chameleon Age

JoshD49

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello guys,

I am sorry do this to you guys but I am curious on the age of my guy. The guy at the store told me he was about a 3 months old when I got him which was about 2 weeks ago. I think he looks to be about 5 months old now. I understand that veiled don't start getting their stripes till around that age. I measured him and he is 4in from tip of nose to base of tail.

IMG_20180802_131556.jpg

Yeah I am just trying to compare to the ones I have seen on this forum and that seems to be inline and why I am thinking 5 to 6 as well. When they say these guys can get to 24 in is that counting the tail. I cant seem to find pictures online of a full grown male and if they are full grown they don't look to be 2ft.

They get pretty large, go to the photos section on here...or maybe it’s media (anyway) I think it’s head to tail end at 24”. Someone chime in if I’m wrong on that. But particularly look at pics where they are on someone’s arm near the elbow. Those gave me the greatest perspective on how large vieleds can grow by sight measure. Then I met a four year old veiled male that was a “store pet” ... he was a pretty big guy... like BIG!

They get pretty large, go to the photos section on here...or maybe it’s media (anyway) I think it’s head to tail end at 24”. Someone chime in if I’m wrong on that. But particularly look at pics where they are on someone’s arm near the elbow. Those gave me the greatest perspective on how large vieleds can grow by sight measure. Then I met a four year old veiled male that was a “store pet” ... he was a pretty big guy... like BIG!
24” from nose to tip of tail

ok so from nose to body an adult male would probably be more likely about 12in to 14in or so?

I forgot I had one of those but when I put him on it it barely moved at all. maybe 25g. Not to sure because the scale is cheap.

Here’s my guy at what is supposedly 5-6 mos old ...now wondering myself :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• BE5AB893-A812-46C6-A306-F82A92AC45DE.jpeg
    BE5AB893-A812-46C6-A306-F82A92AC45DE.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 66
Hello guys,

I am sorry do this to you guys but I am curious on the age of my guy. The guy at the store told me he was about a 3 months old when I got him which was about 2 weeks ago. I think he looks to be about 5 months old now. I understand that veiled don't start getting their stripes till around that age. I measured him and he is 4in from tip of nose to base of tail.

View attachment 211098
Reggie never really got huge. he was about that size at 6 months. at least thats what the reptile store told me...

Back
Top Bottom