Veiled Chameleon w/ Sunburn Has Eye Issues

Libri

Nort's eyes keep closing during the day, and they don't look right.
I think he might have an infection in his back (from his previous sunburn). I have a vet appointment tomorrow, but is there anything I can do for him in the meantime??
Attached are his eyes and back (taken today), I have posted about his set-up recently, but if I can provide any more helpful info, please let me know!

His poops look good (mostly white urate, normal insectivorous poops from what I can tell), but he hasn't pooped in the last 2 days that I can find. He also hasn't eaten since the 2nd. He was offered food on the 5th, 6th, 7th, and today. He hasn't eaten at all.
I'm going to try offering him a bug by hand to see if he takes it.

Attachments

• 20240808_103556.jpg
    20240808_103556.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240808_103613.jpg
    20240808_103613.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240808_103655.jpg
    20240808_103655.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 8
He also has been keeping his eyes closed for the most part, but will open them for short periods.

Hi. I looked back at your husbandry form and the only thing not addressed is your multivitamin. The Exo Terra contains proformed vitamin A, which it’s currently questioned if chameleons can utilize that form. I would advise getting some Repashy calcium Plus LoD or ReptiVite with D3, as those both have preformed vitamin A, which we know chameleons can use. You’d use either one of those for one feeding twice a month (or every other week). It might take a bit of time to see improvement if a vitamin A deficiency is the problem.

Hi. I looked back at your husbandry form and the only thing not addressed is your multivitamin. The Exo Terra contains proformed vitamin A, which it’s currently questioned if chameleons can utilize that form. I would advise getting some Repashy calcium Plus LoD or ReptiVite with D3, as those both have preformed vitamin A, which we know chameleons can use. You’d use either one of those for one feeding twice a month (or every other week). It might take a bit of time to see improvement if a vitamin A deficiency is the problem.
Thank you so much for the information! I'll get one of those right away and add it to his schedule!

Back
Top Bottom