Veiled finally moved into new screen terrarium

Ryan617

Let me know what you think, and let me know what I need to improve on.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 120
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 139
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 116
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 166
  • photo 2(1).jpg
    photo 2(1).jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 124
You could definitely have a bit more foliage in there. Maybe get some wandering Jew or Pothos for a hanging plant. Recommended is about 70% of the space should be taken up by plants and sticks etc.

I can't see but do you have anything covering the soil in the plant pot? You should use large rocks or possibly some mesh to stop your cham from ingesting the soil. If he starts deliberately eating it that is usually a sign of a nutritional deficiency but he can also accidentally ingest it if he shoots for food that escapes and ends up there.

I would also recommend using a light canopy with flourescent tubes to get more light into the enclosure. Chams don't need the red light. You need a simple flourescent white one for heating and a UVB for UV. Many people use the Reptiglo 5.0 and it seems to produce good results. 10.0 can be a bit strong and may cause problems with your veiled's eyesight. Especially if he's still young.

yeah i have a mesh to cover up the soil and i have a pothos and a purple velvet that's still growing outside of the cage, i was gonna wait for them to grow a bit before putting them in, and I'll get a light canopy for the UVB. Thank you :D

Back
Top Bottom