Veiled male stopped eating

ThumbsChameleon

Hello, I have a seven month old veiled male chameleon. I've posted his stats on here before, and everyone said what I was doing was a-ok, so I'll just go over what's been going on. I haven't changed anything recently.
For the past four days, he basically has stopped eating. I give him as much variety food wise as I can in a small town but usually he eats 10-12 medium sized gut loaded crickets and 5-10 worms per day. Crickets are dusted without D3 daily, and with once a week. He still is pooping (idk how) and it looks normal. He has been climbing around his enclosure more than normal, but looks visibly healthy. He has partially shed three times in the past thirty days. He is constantly growing and usually has a very healthy appetite. I usually hand feed worms and cup feed crickets, (and let a few free roam so he can hunt). I've tried every feeding method and he just looks at me like I am crazy. I know eventually chams eat less, but is that something that happens overnight and at his age?

Thanks!

Please post a few pictures of your boy. What kind of worms are you feeding? You will need to order a variety of feeders on line. If you are only offering him two things he might just be sick of the same old thing. Also around that age if they are big and healthy I cut the feedings back....sometimes they cut back their self. I'd also say if he's pooping he's eating. Are you free ranging feeders in his cage? If you are he might be eating when you are not looking.

If you only have one chameleon, I recommend you try lindasgonebuggy.com
She sales a value pack of 3 or 4 small amounts of different kinds of feeders for like $20.00.

Well he's extremely hostile lol so here are a few that I could get... and I've fed him mealworms and waxworms... basically what our local pet store has had in stock. The problem with ordering online was you have to order sooo many, so thanks for that website. I will definitely check it out! I also forgot to mention that hes been eating his plant lately (Schleffera? On the oked plant list on here), so that may be where the poop is coming from.
P.S. He's pretty acrobatic :)

Attachments

• 0805142009.jpg
    0805142009.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 0718141410a.jpg
    0718141410a.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom