Veiled not changing colors

Please complete the how to ask for help form. It could help us determine why your cham is not acting like you expect.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

I wouldn't bover filling the care sheet it, who ever sold you the Cham has told you a load of crap, the velid you have there don't change colour like that an neither does any chameleon for that mater, you can expect to see greens, yellow strips small amounts of blue and bits of black, there are some exceptions but don't be expecting that to happen any time soon

Please complete the how to ask for help form. It could help us determine why your cham is not acting like you expect.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Yeah, the form will help. Make sure you note the color of the poo, that will be very important in this case. :p

(To the people that take life too seriously: IM KIDDING!!!!

If the OP was actually serious despite being a member since over a year ago (It seems pretty clear to me you were joking)- the salesguy was full of it- heck that was probably not even his video, now go get a book about how to read BS in people!)

Yeah I'm just foolin' :) I work retail and it's absurd the number of people who think that video is real, or that chams can camouflage with any background or color.... upsetting really. But seriously, I can keep my veiled in a 10 gallon right? :p Oh educating the general public about cham husbandry is so much fun.

However, I do refer everyone to the ever-supporting, super-educated, patient folks here at cham forums. Thanks guys!

Yeah I'm just foolin' :) I work retail and it's absurd the number of people who think that video is real, or that chams can camouflage with any background or color.... upsetting really. But seriously, I can keep my veiled in a 10 gallon right? :p Oh educating the general public about cham husbandry is so much fun.

However, I do refer everyone to the ever-supporting, super-educated, patient folks here at cham forums. Thanks guys!

Patient... HA! :D

Haha this thread was awesome to read. Lmfao. Haha. I gotta give Pbveiled props for posting the how to ask for help. After I saw the video and seeing him post that, I just about died of laughter. I was waiting for someone to post that

Back
Top Bottom