Venus Fly Trap

I really didn't find anything as an arguement. I basically was taking answers out and giving them to you but someone said you could "read" yourself....I know that. I dislike getting links too so I figured I'd give you some straight up answers.

So good luck and your not a moron...people do forget.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/fly-traps-38475/
I'm pretty sure that's you. The 2nd post has the link I referred to.

LOL Actually, I did. He said that 2 people use the same account (I think that's what he meant) so perhaps the other person already asked this question.

The first link didn't work for me at all, the second link brought me to something totally different.

I always forget this site has a search feature, to be honest with you. Clearly I always forget what we post on here as well. Lord knows what I will forget next... now I'm getting worried hahaha. Perhaps I'm just losing my mind a little bit.

unsuitable

Has anyone ever used one of these in their enclosures? I was just wondering because we tend to get little gnats from the plants, which I know some other people have gotten as well. We've done the cup of vinegar inside, but I figured I'd ask if anyone has ever used one. Thanks!

Venus Fly Traps only catch larger insects and so would be completely useless on your fungus gnat problem. Try Cape Sundews _Drosera capensis_ beside your cage; they are easy to grow and quite effective.

Thank you for actually giving me information about the venus fly trap that I did not know and was not answered in a previous post. I really appreciate that.

Venus fly traps seem to cause alot of arguments on this forum. Kind of funny really. But Dgray is right about using a cape sundew next to the cage. They will do a much better job of catching small bugs, there a very easy sundew to grow, and there PRETTY. Goodluck!

And those are safe to put inside of enclosures? Are they poisonous if our chams decide to be curious and hungry even after they have eaten a million crickets (yes, our chameleons have an eating addiction).

outside

And those are safe to put inside of enclosures? Are they poisonous if our chams decide to be curious and hungry even after they have eaten a million crickets (yes, our chameleons have an eating addiction).

No, put them outside the enclosure, but close, standing in sunlight. They are very effective at gnat control when they are healthy. They will only be healthy if they are in strong light.

P.S. there is a _Drosera_ native to Madagascar. I have never grown it.

Back
Top Bottom