Wanted to share the nursery cages that I have designed for individual raising :)

SerpeRoma

Avid Member
Hey guys, I’ve been working on these cages for a couple years and unfortunately I had to leave the hobby right when I finished them for medical reasons. I’m feeling a lot better now and I can finally do my part and make individual raising more accessible to everyone.

I have many hobbies and I try to combine them as much as I can, one of them is 3D printing.

Sadly I had to face the huge expense of buying nursery cages before and I’ve realized that the market is pretty unfair as far as small cages go, so I’ve worked my way around it and designed some that could be potentially made from yard signs (dirt cheap if not free) and I came up with this. It took forever, but the cages work and have the basic requirements for baby chams, at least for the first months.

They’re made out of plastic, coroplast, aluminium mesh and magnets (just to keep the door shut). I’ve built many and they costed me $11,50 each for all the materials (including the white coroplast that I bought purely for esthetics)

I wanted to share this with y’all and see if we can finally get everyone to raise baby chams properly! I’m happy to answer all the questions and see what can be improved. I miss this hobby so much and I can’t wait to be able to jump back in it!
IMG_2024.jpeg
71919395866__0C22796F-CCB0-4A73-BD93-E53A10789E8C.jpeg
IMG_0994.jpeg
IMG_1082.jpeg
complete cage no sides.png

This is an awesome thing you did WOW!!!!!! Do you see any scalability to your project for larger enclosures too? I'm not super familiar with 3d printing other than bed size limitations. Do you have a link to the files? I want to raise babies some day and you made a HUGE cost seem so much more manageable!!!!!! WOW thanks thanks thank and welcome back to the community!

This is an awesome thing you did WOW!!!!!! Do you see any scalability to your project for larger enclosures too? I'm not super familiar with 3d printing other than bed size limitations. Do you have a link to the files? I want to raise babies some day and you made a HUGE cost seem so much more manageable!!!!!! WOW thanks thanks thank and welcome back to the community!
So happy to see so much enthusiasm! Yes, I’m already working on similar projects and I hope to raise something to help investing on bigger printers to make long term cages for a cheaper price. I’ve already sent a couple samples to Bill Strand and we were planning on selling them on his website, but then I got sick and had to leave the country, so we never moved forward. I’m selling the files for $10 which allows you to print as many as you need if you have a 3D printer.
You can find the files here: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/home/terra-v5-reptile-nursery-cage

Nice work! This is going to be a game-changer for many keepers. Now there's no excuse for raising up babies in groups. Aside from this being an absolutely amazing cage. I wonder if people would also be more willing to use these cages as displays at reptile expos. Small, easy to move. Bye bye deli cups! I will get some of my baby pygmies set up in these enclosures. Fantastic work for the pure good of the hobby. Love this!!

So happy to see so much enthusiasm! Yes, I’m already working on similar projects and I hope to raise something to help investing on bigger printers to make long term cages for a cheaper price. I’ve already sent a couple samples to Bill Strand and we were planning on selling them on his website, but then I got sick and had to leave the country, so we never moved forward. I’m selling the files for $10 which allows you to print as many as you need if you have a 3D printer.
You can find the files here: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/home/terra-v5-reptile-nursery-cage
I have seen these and can vouch for their effectiveness. If you have a 3D printer, this is well worth the $10 he is charging to get the files! And it is a great way to support someone who has put so much time into putting together a solid design. The reason nursery cages are so expensive is because the labor is a huge cost and the labor is the same regardless of how big the cage is! So, if you are willing to put in the labor, this is a great way to give chameleons the individual raising that is ideal for them. And, it really isn't hard at all!
PS. If you are looking for a tray that fits nicely under one cage you can check this out.
Black and White Plastic Tray Set 14 x 9.6 in

Hey guys, I’ve been working on these cages for a couple years and unfortunately I had to leave the hobby right when I finished them for medical reasons. I’m feeling a lot better now and I can finally do my part and make individual raising more accessible to everyone.

I have many hobbies and I try to combine them as much as I can, one of them is 3D printing.

Sadly I had to face the huge expense of buying nursery cages before and I’ve realized that the market is pretty unfair as far as small cages go, so I’ve worked my way around it and designed some that could be potentially made from yard signs (dirt cheap if not free) and I came up with this. It took forever, but the cages work and have the basic requirements for baby chams, at least for the first months.

They’re made out of plastic, coroplast, aluminium mesh and magnets (just to keep the door shut). I’ve built many and they costed me $11,50 each for all the materials (including the white coroplast that I bought purely for esthetics)

I wanted to share this with y’all and see if we can finally get everyone to raise baby chams properly! I’m happy to answer all the questions and see what can be improved. I miss this hobby so much and I can’t wait to be able to jump back in it!
View attachment 357286View attachment 357287View attachment 357288View attachment 357290View attachment 357293
This is awesome. I'll definitely be buying the files and support your kindness for sharing with the community .

Back
Top Bottom